Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Still waiting for PPR 6 months after medicals

Still waiting for PPR 6 months after medicals

Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Roses15 has a spectacular aura aboutRoses15 has a spectacular aura aboutRoses15 has a spectacular aura about
Default Still waiting for PPR 6 months after medicals

We had our medicals done back in the middle of August 2009. We have heard nothing at all since then. We finally got our immigration lawyer to enquire with CIC London to find our what is going on, but so far they have not replied.

Our medicals were fine, the only problem I can forsee is that my husband is in the British military and we have lived in several countries, but all of them friendly to Canada.

Has anyone else had this long wait?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Lorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant future
Default Re: Still waiting for PPR 6 months after medicals

Originally Posted by Roses15
We had our medicals done back in the middle of August 2009. We have heard nothing at all since then. We finally got our immigration lawyer to enquire with CIC London to find our what is going on, but so far they have not replied.

Our medicals were fine, the only problem I can forsee is that my husband is in the British military and we have lived in several countries, but all of them friendly to Canada.

Has anyone else had this long wait?
Have CIC definately received your medicals, that is a long time to wait. My husband was in Army too and has lived all over so can't see that holding up your medicals. Fingers crossed everything is OK for you.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Hi Roses and welcome to the forum.
We waited for 7 months & 3 weeks after we did meds and got PPR.
We had no probs with our meds.
My advice would be to just forget about it.
We fretted and worried all tha time and it made us quite ill and depressed.
I'm afraid you're at the mercy of CIC and they are a law to themselves.
Just try and enjoy your lives and it'll happen when they are ready.
Enjoy the calm as once you do get PPR it is mental.
We've been busy everyday for 3 months now since we got PPR.
I can guarantee that you'll find it quite a challenge once you get PPR.
We land in Toronto on Sunday and it fels quite surreal afte we've waited so long.
Good luck and hang in there
Hi Lorraine, I hope all is going well for you ?
Jimsan.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Roses15 has a spectacular aura aboutRoses15 has a spectacular aura aboutRoses15 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Lorrden
Have CIC definately received your medicals, that is a long time to wait. My husband was in Army too and has lived all over so can't see that holding up your medicals. Fingers crossed everything is OK for you.
Yes they definately got them I got the tracking number from the doctors and looked it up on line.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your post Jimsan, it does make us feel better knowing we are not the only ones who have had to wait so long. When we look on Trackitt.com it seems that everyone has PPR. So going by your time line we have about 6 weeks to wait. Did your Ecas status ever change? Ours still says In Process.
Originally Posted by Jimsan
We land in Toronto on Sunday and it fels quite surreal afte we've waited so long.
Jimsan.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Roses15;8359214]
Originally Posted by Roses15
Thanks for your post Jimsan, it does make us feel better knowing we are not the only ones who have had to wait so long. When we look on Trackitt.com it seems that everyone has PPR. So going by your time line we have about 6 weeks to wait. Did your Ecas status ever change? Ours still says In Process. We are abroad at the moment, so we will most likely have two moves this year (hopefully!) You get used to it with a military background as Lorrden can probably testify!![/ QUOTE]
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck with your move by the way hope it all goes well.
Jimsan.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

This makes me feel slightly better lol - our meds were done at the same time and must be sitting in the same tray <sigh>. (also mil x 2 but with additional complicating med circs). I don't think they really take into account how time consuming getting more police checks from every blooming country is going to be lol

Still, at least you know with you guys it should only be a matter of time! Hope you hear soon x

Last edited by debbiem; Feb 20th 2010 at 12:39 am. Reason: typo
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Hi Roses, and thanks for the good luck wishes !
Our ECAS status only changed about 3 weeks after we got PPR.
It said decision made & we've received your med results.
So I wouldn't bother with ECAS or Trackitt.
There are so many different factors involved in each application that Trackitt can only ever be a very rough guide
Off to Manchester now then Toronto tomorrow !
Yahoooooooooooooooo !
Take care all,
Jimsan.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:15 pm
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Off to Manchester now then Toronto tomorrow !
Yahoooooooooooooooo !
Take care all,
Jimsan.
Good luck Jimsan
Old Feb 20th 2010, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

xThanks debbie, I will keep you updated. How many countries did you live in out of interest? We are still abroad at the moment so timing is quite crucial for us
Originally Posted by debbiem
This makes me feel slightly better lol - our meds were done at the same time and must be sitting in the same tray <sigh>. (also mil x 2 but with additional complicating med circs). I don't think they really take into account how time consuming getting more police checks from every blooming country is going to be lol

Still, at least you know with you guys it should only be a matter of time! Hope you hear soon .
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Three for each of us, but at different and the same times lol, (and different places more than once)... incidentally, we were asked at a later point for military police checks, which they had initially said weren't required (we had submitted checks from each country lived in over 6 months etc). Easy enough to get, but another delay... ho hum. Let me know when you hear something!
Old Feb 21st 2010, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

We are similarly feeling the frustration. I had extra medicals which due to the DMP being on a 3 week holiday delayed it all until getting the report in by Dec.

I have mentioned before that we aim to Land - all being OK - in April / May. It is the not knowing that is the worse, especially at this end of the process.

It is great to see people getting PR. But it does add to the frustration when you see people in the same boat, with the extra tests submitted roughly the same time getting Passport requests 6 weeks ago and nothing for yourselves.
It make you paranoid in 2 ways. Firstly it makes you question whether your paperwork is lost or misplaced. Secondly it makes you wonder if there is any ryhme or reason to how they process people.

However, you got to keep faith in the process and hopefully it will come out of the blue
Keep positive
JET
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Will do.
Originally Posted by debbiem
Three for each of us, but at different and the same times lol, (and different places more than once)... incidentally, we were asked at a later point for military police checks, which they had initially said weren't required (we had submitted checks from each country lived in over 6 months etc). Easy enough to get, but another delay... ho hum. Let me know when you hear something!
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jet, I know what you mean about their being no ryhme nor reason! Lets hope its good news all round soon.
Originally Posted by JET747
We are similarly feeling the frustration. I had extra medicals which due to the DMP being on a 3 week holiday delayed it all until getting the report in by Dec.

I have mentioned before that we aim to Land - all being OK - in April / May. It is the not knowing that is the worse, especially at this end of the process.

It is great to see people getting PR. But it does add to the frustration when you see people in the same boat, with the extra tests submitted roughly the same time getting Passport requests 6 weeks ago and nothing for yourselves.
It make you paranoid in 2 ways. Firstly it makes you question whether your paperwork is lost or misplaced. Secondly it makes you wonder if there is any ryhme or reason to how they process people.

However, you got to keep faith in the process and hopefully it will come out of the blue
Keep positive
JET

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.