Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Still waiting on decision about PR. So LMO or AEO or PNP in the meantime? Please help

Still waiting on decision about PR. So LMO or AEO or PNP in the meantime? Please help

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

nevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nice
Default Still waiting on decision about PR. So LMO or AEO or PNP in the meantime? Please help

Hi all,

So I've got an update to my situation. I received my AOR letter on July 20th 2010 (for PR in the FSW1 class). Based on the current processing times in the London Visa office it appears that I won't have an answer about my PR application until approx. June 2011 - can someone please confirm that the processing times stated correspond to the time it takes to process the application in the visa office and not from the date that the CIO began the initial determination of eligibility?

My current status is 'received by visa office.' I'm working at the moment on the BUNAC 1 year visa but that expires in Dec. 2010 and it cannot be renewed, right? My employer wants to keep me and has said that they will do whatever they can to help. So, should they apply for a LMO, a AEO (or both a LMO and an AEO - I know that one is for TWP and one is for PR but I'm nervous that my original PR won't be accepted if they don't view my position as one of the listed FSW1). And if they were to apply and get the AEO, should I submit that to London to strengthen my original application or try for PNP (if that will be faster?)

I have a tendency to write LONG posts - apologies in advance! But I'd really appreciate some help. Starting to feel very insecure and anxious about everything and I find that I can't really enjoy my time here because so much is up in the air.

N.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:02 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Still waiting on decision about PR. So LMO or AEO or PNP in the meantime? Please

Hi

Originally Posted by nevee
Hi all,

So I've got an update to my situation. I received my AOR letter on July 20th 2010 (for PR in the FSW1 class). Based on the current processing times in the London Visa office it appears that I won't have an answer about my PR application until approx. June 2011 - can someone please confirm that the processing times stated correspond to the time it takes to process the application in the visa office and not from the date that the CIO began the initial determination of eligibility?

My current status is 'received by visa office.' I'm working at the moment on the BUNAC 1 year visa but that expires in Dec. 2010 and it cannot be renewed, right? My employer wants to keep me and has said that they will do whatever they can to help. So, should they apply for a LMO, a AEO (or both a LMO and an AEO - I know that one is for TWP and one is for PR but I'm nervous that my original PR won't be accepted if they don't view my position as one of the listed FSW1). And if they were to apply and get the AEO, should I submit that to London to strengthen my original application or try for PNP (if that will be faster?)

I have a tendency to write LONG posts - apologies in advance! But I'd really appreciate some help. Starting to feel very insecure and anxious about everything and I find that I can't really enjoy my time here because so much is up in the air.

N.
1. As you applied as FSW1 you can't add an AEO as that it is for FSW2 a completely different category.
2. The processing time for post 28/02 applications is 7-11 months for 80% of London's applications.
3. If the employer wants you to continue working, they will require an approved LMO>
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

nevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nice
Default Re: Still waiting on decision about PR. So LMO or AEO or PNP in the meantime? Please

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. As you applied as FSW1 you can't add an AEO as that it is for FSW2 a completely different category.
2. The processing time for post 28/02 applications is 7-11 months for 80% of London's applications.
3. If the employer wants you to continue working, they will require an approved LMO>
Thanks for the reply.

1. So, if I was rejected in FSW1 I would have to reapply under FSW2 with the AEO and go through all the processing all over again?
2. Yes, I know that. My original question was - can someone please confirm that the processing times stated correspond to the time it takes to process the application in the visa office (London) and not from the date that the CIO began the initial determination of eligibility?
3. Got it.

Cheers.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

don't know if this page helps (PNP in BC) ???

http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigrat...out/index.page

Last edited by ninaDGBCA; Sep 2nd 2010 at 4:23 pm.