Wikiposts

still waiting

Old Oct 10th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all
Default Re: still waiting

Greentea

As a FSW applicant in Jan 09 I am in a more advanced stage. in a lot less time. I see that your OH is a welder and on the LIST. I agree with some of your comments as it must be so frustrating to see others - like ourselves - get through the process in a lot less time. I don't think that any of us can comment on how CIC do their buisness, but I do feel for you and the others in that position.

It may have been quicker if you ended the application and put in another under the new rules ? I am just grateful that the new scheme started when I applied as I couldn't put my life on hold that much time.

Hopefully you will hear soon, I also see that other 'older' applications are going through.

Keep the chin up

JET
Old Oct 11th 2009, 4:49 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

If you think about it there is no easy way to find the few cases in the old bunch that are qualified under the new rules. So they go through them in the tried and true order of receipt combined with their priority processing of known high priority cases. It is not fair but they are only human and not omniscient.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 5:22 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If you think about it there is no easy way to find the few cases in the old bunch that are qualified under the new rules. So they go through them in the tried and true order of receipt combined with their priority processing of known high priority cases. It is not fair but they are only human and not omniscient.
Also if an applicant is qualified under the "list" then why aren't they being proactive and applying for FSW1? They can have two applications running at the same time and can withdraw 1 when the other reaches the processing stage.

Again going through the applications that were submitted prior to Feb/08 to see if applicants would qualify, where in New Delhi alone there was 145,000 FSW applications, think how long it would take just to review those applications in one office?
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:49 am
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Jim and PMM,

Due to the tiniest weeniest thing called Money! - that is what is stopping me and others from re-applying again. We and others already paid a lot in the beginning for the initial fee plus the cost of dropping in the docs to London as we didn't quite trust Royal Mail to do the job. Sadly for us and others, money doesn't grow on trees

Thanks Jet747 for the moral support! I just feel for the others that have been here longer than me.

The Canes, hope you don't have to pay for another medical. I hope you get your news very soon.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by greentea3
Thanks Jim and PMM,

Due to the tiniest weeniest thing called Money! - that is what is stopping me and others from re-applying again. We and others already paid a lot in the beginning for the initial fee plus the cost of dropping in the docs to London as we didn't quite trust Royal Mail to do the job. Sadly for us and others, money doesn't grow on trees

Thanks Jet747 for the moral support! I just feel for the others that have been here longer than me.

The Canes, hope you don't have to pay for another medical. I hope you get your news very soon.
Could another option be to send fax/email/letter stating that your OH is on the list and eventhough you applied so many years ago, could they expediate your file based on the criteria now required? It couldn't hurt and won't cost much bar effort?

Wishing you all the best and hopefully it will come right soon..Moira.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Walsh Clan
Could another option be to send fax/email/letter stating that your OH is on the list and eventhough you applied so many years ago, could they expediate your file based on the criteria now required? It couldn't hurt and won't cost much bar effort?

Wishing you all the best and hopefully it will come right soon..Moira.
I think Jim suggested that in an earlier post. You can try. There's no guarantee they will shift you over to the new SW scheme but it's possible. Give it a shot.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

jovipk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kleinluka
I think Jim suggested that in an earlier post. You can try. There's no guarantee they will shift you over to the new SW scheme but it's possible. Give it a shot.
Hi,

Your timeline is pretty quick, i wish i could have the same, so looking to your case and all others it could be assumed that under new FSW scheme one could get the PR within a year most probably, i have applied for Aus immigration, but things are moving very slowly and their policies are keep on changing abruptly, now seriously thinking to apply for Canada as well, I am a IT professional. Any advice is most appreciated.

Thx!
Old Oct 12th 2009, 12:42 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

We are also on the list and still waiting in the old process. We will get there one day and at the moment the small delay suits us if we are honest! Good luck to everyone still waiting under the old process!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 12:37 am
Just Joined

ajcan is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear friends,

Please accept my thanks for helping me and answering my queries, I thank you all. Today the shiny visas arrived for me and my spouse.
Still I need your advice actually my wife is now 37 weeks pregnant and we don't know if she is allowed to travel, just want to know that if she delivers before landing then do we need to apply again for the visas for the child and my wife or her visa will be valid and we only need to apply for our child, please advice. I sincerely appreciate your efforts in answering my queries
Old Dec 14th 2009, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Ajcan, fantastic news after waiting all this time !
Congratulations !
Best of luck with the birth !
I'm not certain if the baby will need a separate visa ?
I think all dependent children need to be on your application, whether they are accompanying or not. Obviously you can't include your baby until it's born.
I'm sure somebody will be along soon to answer your query.
Great news and good luck with the birth
jimsan.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 6:37 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

This is a problem if she cannot make her way to Canada for the birth. You will have to add the new child to the application, pay an additional fee, supply a passport copy and have the child at least, if not you all, undergo the immigration medical. Do not even think of going by yourself and then trying to solve the problem as that would invalidate your status as PR.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Jimsan for the wishes and thanks to Jim H for answering my queries, Dear Jim, can you please advise again to my queries,

1) Now my wife is 37 weeks pregnant suppose I travel to canada but she delivers the child back home her expected date of delivery is first week of january, (since after 37 weeks airlines donot allow to travel), then what are the documents required for getting the visa for child, so that my wife and child can come to canada later on, our visas are valid till mid of next year, dear Jim, please advise.thanks

Last edited by ajcan; Dec 15th 2009 at 9:24 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:21 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by ajcan
Thank you Jimsan for the wishes and thanks to Jim H for answering my queries, Dear Jim, can you please advise again to my queries,

1) Now my wife is 37 weeks pregnant suppose I travel to canada but she delivers the child back home her expected date of delivery is first week of january, (since after 37 weeks airlines donot allow to travel), then what are the documents required for getting the visa for child, so that my wife and child can come to canada later on, our visas are valid till mid of next year, dear Jim, please advise.thanks

1. Once the child is born, your visas are no longer valid.
2. You and your spouse must amend your IMM8s, the IMM 5406 send copies of the pictures, a copy of the child passports and the fees and wait for medical instructions.
3. If you are the principal applicant you can "land" prior to the birth of the child, and return to the UK. But you would then have to return to Canada to sponsor the child and your wife.
4. Sort of 6 of one 1/2 dozen of another.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Dear all,

Pl may i have some advice regarding visa reissuance, since we were not able to travel to canada as my wife was already 37 weeks pregnant so after the child birth, we informed CHC about our new born baby and sent all the documents required and have also returned our visas and coprs, now its almost two months since we have sent the documents, usually how long do they take to issue the medicals to the new born. Few days back i have emailed CHC but haven't received any reply yet.Pl. somebody can advice on this.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 12:17 am
Just Joined

Default Re: still waiting....no more

Hi,

finally, landed with my family at ontario, applied for sin cards, PR cards, opened an account with TD bank, canada is a beautiful country, days are long, with pleasent, cool weather thruout the day, friends i have some queries , please answer these,
1) It takes how many days before we are eligible for OHIP coverage,
2) My child being infant and needs vaccination, do we need to pay for the vaccination or is it free of cost, is she eligible for OHIP as soon as we land and when can we apply for child benefits
3) which mobile plan is best for new landed immigrants,
4) How should we start our job search
5) what are the other formalities needs to be completed immediately after landing
regards

Last edited by ajcan; Jun 30th 2010 at 1:28 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.