Wikiposts

still waiting

Old May 5th 2009, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of
Default Re: still waiting

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
When this situation arises it is virtually always the background check that takes too much time. In extreme cases it can take 2 or more years for some people. It depends very much on your citizenship and the countries you have lived in with some always taking a year or more and many taking only 4 to 6 months or sometimes less.
When do they actually do the background checks? I always thought that they were carried out before the medicals?! Is that not the case then?
Old May 5th 2009, 6:27 am
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

I also had that impression... but I was sooooooooooo wrong!

It will make sense to think that if they ask you to get the medical exams done and to pay the permanent residence fees means that they are ready to ask you to come to Canada... but no! they ask for all that... get you all excited and worked up... to then tell you... 'Oh, no. We are still thinking about letting you come here'
Old May 5th 2009, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

I think it's perfectly believable that they aren't waiting on security checks, but the file is just stuck in some unlucky pile.
Old May 5th 2009, 9:31 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Background checks are started before the medicals are issued. Medicals are issued at a time when the visa officer believes the background checks are nearly complete. Sometimes that does not work out but it is the fastest way to complete the application. Very occasionally they do indeed get stuck in a pile and remain undone too long. Sometimes they are just complicated by world political situations and last for years. The great majority do not suffer from these problems and are processed within 4 to 8 months.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 12:31 am
Just Joined

ajcan is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear friends,

Its been really long, still no PPR for me, again medicals done in July09, usually it takes how many months for PPR after medicals.
Thanks and best of luck to everybody waiting for PPR.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 1:45 am
Just Joined

Dear friends,

Is anybody there with same timeline, Ist medicals in June-08, II nd medicals in July-09 but still no PPR, when can i expect PPR. Thanks
Old Oct 8th 2009, 1:52 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

No idea i'm sorry but just wanted to say good luck
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Dear Falcore,

Thank you so much for the wishes, best of luck to you and everybody waiting for PPR. Hope may be someday i will also receive ppr, thanks
Old Oct 8th 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Hi ajcan, you have my sympathy.
As you can see we've been waiting quite a while since we did our meds as well.
Contacting CIC seems to be a complete waste of time as they don't seem to respond to emails.
I did notice that they managed to cash our bankers draft for the PR visa immediately. So no problems in taking money off people.
Just not so keen on getting a bit of work done.
Best wishes,
Jimsan.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 5:52 am
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Ajcan and Yalilly,

I am so shocked as to reading your cases. I don't know what to say and only wish I could wave a magic wand for you. It makes me livid when I see this, the fact that Canada are meant to be begging on their knees for people to come in and your cases are taking over 4 years, nearly 5.
I have read some of the comments but cannot understand why background checks are taking so long for you? How can it be if people apply now they can get background checks done and PR within months? yet it takes years for yours? It just doesn't make sense and the fact that you now will have to pay for additional medicals because they don't have the decency to deal with your application, is disgusting. They should pay for it themselves.

Why if there is problems with these peoples background checks have CIC taken money from them for their Permanent Residence fees?

I don't know what you can do. I guess if they won't answer emails then write a letter including all your information, when you applied, put in all correspondence you've had from them (photo-copy - so they can't lose your originals) and ask nicely what is happening. Make sure you get it sent recorded delivery and also see if you could get it signed for delivery.

Best of luck, let us know how it goes.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 5:55 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Things take their time. The only policy is patience and relaxation. The many causes of "delay" are described many times in this forum. Occasionally it is due to poor performance but mostly it is inadequate resources and excess applications in conflict with more limited targets. Resources are based upon targets not actual applications received.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:27 am
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jim,

I do understand what you are saying. I just think that the outstanding cases such as these from nearly 5 years ago should really be dealt with first?
I don't think people mind delays if they are communicated with but it seems none of us are.

Patience is hard for these people that have had to pay twice now for medicals. Do you know of any way that these people can get out of having to pay again? after all it is not their fault and they have done all that has been asked of them.

Is it not possible in their case and others that CIC couldn't pay for the second medical?
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by greentea3
Is it not possible in their case and others that CIC couldn't pay for the second medical?
That would never happen. Remember, CIC is still a government agency and you still need to understand that Immigration is a privilege not a right. CIC isn't forcing you to keep your application in process. Why would they pay for your medical? They have too many people applying for PR already anyway, they'll just take someone who is on the list of 38 instead.

The reason I believe why new applicants who are on the list of 38 are processed with priority is because it was decided to do so in parliament to help boost the economy and to allow more people which they know are qualified and in demand to enter the country in less time than before. It makes complete sense. If they gave priority processing to old applications that would mean the new changes implemented to support our economy would suffer. Of course it sucks for the older applications but they always tell you "the rules may change at any time", furthermore immigration rules have always been about what's best for the country, not what's best for the applicant. Sad but true :|

Last edited by kleinluka; Oct 10th 2009 at 4:46 am.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Yes - we are still waiting!!!

Our immigration lawyer sent a further email to CHC London, only to be told that our file is still awaiting review by an immigration officer.

Really driving me crazy now, but I guess there is absolutely nothing we can do. Just have to accept that I will no doubt have to do another medical in December.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 10:02 pm
wassup clique

Hi Klienluka,

I don't think you understand that some of us on here are qualified, have a skill on the list of 38, could very easily boost Canadas economy but have been waiting for 3, 4 and in some cases nearly 5 years.

Now, that does not make sense when you look at it like that.

Why not make us the priority?

Immigration isn't just a privilege for us - it is a privilege for Canada aswell to have skilled, qualified, police checked, financially stable people like us in it's country.
-------------------------------------------------
skilled worker Dec 06........................nearly 3 years and no med requests

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.