Wikiposts

still waiting

Old Apr 10th 2009, 5:11 am
Just Joined

ajcan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: still waiting

Hi,

Still waiting for PPR, after 2 months my medicals will be expiring, still heard nothing, now too much worried
Old May 1st 2009, 3:26 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Still not received ppr, after seven weeks my medicals will be expiring and i have not heard anything, is it still possible to receive ppr or CHC will ask for new medicals and after how many days do they issue new medicals and will i have to remind them about my expired medicals
Old May 1st 2009, 4:50 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by ajcan
Hi,

Still not received ppr, after seven weeks my medicals will be expiring and i have not heard anything, is it still possible to receive ppr or CHC will ask for new medicals and after how many days do they issue new medicals and will i have to remind them about my expired medicals
Depends on the office, London and Buffalo will sometimes extend the medicals for a month or two to facillitate "landing" . Most other offices will ask for a new medical. It would appear that there is a problem, most offices would not request medicals other than a month or two when the background and security checks are expected. I think that you should either contact the office processing your application by email or request your CAIPS.
Old May 1st 2009, 5:46 am
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

I wonder if Ajcan is still around?
If you are... what happened to you? Did you get your PPR?

I ask because I have a similar situation...

My medicals expired last Dec 2008... and I haven't heard anything from CIC (London)... I have written to them a couple of timeS via email inquiring about the status of my application (SW) and the reply is: 'we are still working on background checks'.

Someone suggeted I contact CSIC (I hope I spelled that correctly) which is the organization in charge of doing the background checks for the Canadian Government (immigration), to ask if they have been asked by CIC to do a background check for my file... I contacted them and they say they have completed the background check and forwarded the results to CIC and that normally after CIC receives the results of the background check they will issue visas... unless there are additional background checks requested on the file! (this is what they said on their letter)

I applied in June 2005... I wrote to CIC about a month ago and did not receive any reply yet... I really do not what else to do... I am just waiting but the wait is so long!

If there is anyone here who may have a suggestion on what to do next... I read here about how people can do 'magic' by calling CIC and how CIC apologizes for delays and immediately issues PPR and stuff like that... I wonder what it is in my case that is so BAD to hold the PPR for so long... we already paid the RPRF and all...

Please feel free to advise me on what steps to take next...
Thank you
Old May 1st 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light

While we were waiting for our PR, we heard nothing back from the CHC in London. No response to emails, and when my wife was back in the UK (we were in Canada on a TWP a the time) they wouldnt even speak to her when she went to the CHC in person.

However, once we hit the 36 month mark, we must have been flagged up on the system as a 'running behind' application. My emails were suddently answered within a day or two, and the same person seemed to take ownership of our case... (they don't give their names, just initials).

Canadian Embassies and Commissions are audited for their response times and back logs. About a year ago they were given (especially London) a big kick up the ass for the time it was taking. So when we went over 36 months (36 months was stated on our AOR), we were obviously making them look bad so things started to move. It still took a few more months, but at least they were communicating with us and it felt like we were at least progressing through the system.
Old May 1st 2009, 6:50 pm
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

Dear dieseltank... you see... you and I have similar timelines... but yet... you are in Canada and we are still waiting for an answer... it's been more than 40 months already... It's really so frustrating... I really don't know what is going on anymore!
I have never called them on the phone... just emailed them... I don't want to be much of a pain... I just wish they will give us an answer...

I glad things worked out for you!
Old May 3rd 2009, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Hi,

waiting seems to be too long, hopefully everbody waiting for ppr including me will soon receive ppr,
Old May 3rd 2009, 6:32 am
Lily

Hi Ajcan... hey, you understand how I feel... because we saw the 'finish line' so close and yet... here we are waiting... It is very frustrating...

My medicals expired last December! and I am still waiting!

Yes, let's hope we hear good news soon!

Please, may I ask you where you are from? and where do you reside? may be there is a common factor that makes us be on some sort of 'black list' or something

Please do keep us posted on the progress of your file... and of course... please write as soon as you get your PPR!

Good Luck!
Old May 3rd 2009, 7:10 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

When this situation arises it is virtually always the background check that takes too much time. In extreme cases it can take 2 or more years for some people. It depends very much on your citizenship and the countries you have lived in with some always taking a year or more and many taking only 4 to 6 months or sometimes less.
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:51 pm
Lily

Dear Mr Humphries,
You are absolutly right on the money!
I am sure it's got to do with nationality...

But still I wonder.... if CSIS says they have completed background checks and forwarded the results to CIC London... what else is there to check? would there be some other organization in charge of doing additional background checks on the file? if so who would that be? Do you know?

Thank you for the replies
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:42 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
When this situation arises it is virtually always the background check that takes too much time. In extreme cases it can take 2 or more years for some people. It depends very much on your citizenship and the countries you have lived in with some always taking a year or more and many taking only 4 to 6 months or sometimes less.
Interesting.

I am a UK citizen and have lived here since I was 5. However I was born in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe). In your experience Jim is this likely to slow down my application? What background check would they run?
Old May 4th 2009, 12:53 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

CSIS is only one part of the background check.
Having lived in Rhodesia until age 5 will not be a problem.
Old May 5th 2009, 4:11 am
Lily

Jim, could you give us more details... what or who else is involved in background process?

Thanks again!
Old May 5th 2009, 4:32 am

Not really. It is done by specially trained officers and I was not one of them.
Old May 5th 2009, 4:56 am
Lily

Okay... thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.