Still Waiting ....

Old Mar 9th 2009, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice
Default Still Waiting ....

Another day goes by with no sign of my medical requests. I know that I'm not the only one and that there are other people who have been waiting longer than me, but this is so frustrating!

This has definitely been the worst part of the process so far. The long wait between submitting the original application and getting the 90 day letter wasn't so bad, because being told that it would be approximately four years before they even started to look at it meant that it was such a long period that it was easier to put it to the back of my mind and get on with other things. Even when it became apparent that things were speeding up and when I realised that people who had submitted their applications not long before me were starting to get their letters it didn't really hit me with any sense of immanency.

But since I sent off the updated documents every day has been so stressful. I keep thinking that this is the day when I'll finally get the request and each day I'm disappointed. I think it is because I know that this is make or break point. I'm not worried about the medical so I know that if I get the request it means that, barring a disaster, I'll be on my way and if I get a rejection, well, I really don't know what I'll do. Emigrating to Canada has been a life-long dream and now for it to (maybe) be so close ....

I keep wondering what is taking them so long. If only there was some way of knowing if they had even looked at my documents. Are they sitting, collecting dust and unopened on a desk at the CHC? I keep thinking that surely if they were just going to reject me they would have done so by now (and I don't know why they would, but the fear is there), or if they wanted more details, why don't they ask for them? I've never been able to find out, if they do reject, is it something that they normally do quite quickly? If they're just checking my details, then why is it taking so much time?

Sorry for the rant. But the pressure and stress is really getting to me.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 7:11 pm

LorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Still Waiting ....

Pretty much sums up how we feel too!
It is very difficult when you read of others who have much quicker responses from the CHC and I know, you begin to question your application and why you are the one who has not heard. This is not to say you are not happy for others success but it still makes you feel 'why us?'.
Nothing else I can say apart from that I know EXACTLY how you feel...
Lorraine G.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

meland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Still Waiting ....

Originally Posted by KS2008
Another day goes by with no sign of my medical requests. I know that I'm not the only one and that there are other people who have been waiting longer than me, but this is so frustrating!

This has definitely been the worst part of the process so far. The long wait between submitting the original application and getting the 90 day letter wasn't so bad, because being told that it would be approximately four years before they even started to look at it meant that it was such a long period that it was easier to put it to the back of my mind and get on with other things. Even when it became apparent that things were speeding up and when I realised that people who had submitted their applications not long before me were starting to get their letters it didn't really hit me with any sense of immanency.

But since I sent off the updated documents every day has been so stressful. I keep thinking that this is the day when I'll finally get the request and each day I'm disappointed. I think it is because I know that this is make or break point. I'm not worried about the medical so I know that if I get the request it means that, barring a disaster, I'll be on my way and if I get a rejection, well, I really don't know what I'll do. Emigrating to Canada has been a life-long dream and now for it to (maybe) be so close ....

I keep wondering what is taking them so long. If only there was some way of knowing if they had even looked at my documents. Are they sitting, collecting dust and unopened on a desk at the CHC? I keep thinking that surely if they were just going to reject me they would have done so by now (and I don't know why they would, but the fear is there), or if they wanted more details, why don't they ask for them? I've never been able to find out, if they do reject, is it something that they normally do quite quickly? If they're just checking my details, then why is it taking so much time?

Sorry for the rant. But the pressure and stress is really getting to me.
Take a look at trackitt.com,I think you will get it any day! Know how you feel but honestly it will be worth the wait eventually!
Old Mar 9th 2009, 7:26 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by meland123
Take a look at trackitt.com,I think you will get it any day! Know how you feel but honestly it will be worth the wait eventually!
Remember that once they receive your documents after the 90 day request, that is when the background checks will start.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by meland123
Yeah, looks about 3 months from returning your documents to med requests at the moment. Any day now by the look of it...
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

rossi1 has a spectacular aura aboutrossi1 has a spectacular aura aboutrossi1 has a spectacular aura about

Hopefully not to long a wait for you now...you will be fine!
But i know exactly were your coming from....the stress with this waiting for a brown envelope is the worst wait of my life.
CHC have had are full pr application for 5mths now, to be so called fastracked, as we are already in canada on the wp and the wait is killing me, i totaly feel like its taken over our life,its all we talk about, but i swear to god when that medical request comes in the post(fingers crossed...soon) i will dive on the postman and kiss him like hes gary barlow(Take That) lol....
But as of now the wait and nerves continue....boo hoo.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

nayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant future

Hi

We are in the same situation awaiting Med Requests however we have just received provincial nomination - Family stream (Alberta) and don't know whether to apply to Buffalo (for new PR appl) or wait for medical (which could take as long as it needs). AINP said this nomination would not help in getting our PR processed any quicker! It is soul destroying as we have applied for our teacher certification a month ago (and they need PR status)... sometimes we hope it is in the post across the Atlantic
I will update on any news.
From a coldddd... Calgary
Helen&Anil
Old Mar 9th 2009, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

Checking post everyday here too, although not been waiting as long as you .
The requests are coming through....don't know what to make of the order
Maybe they do additional verification checks on some applications or something? Perhaps it's something about the detail of our particular apps - I know we've had a number of addresses...I've had a load of different jobs etc since 18...and we've lived abroad twice.

Then again...maybe we just landed the new trainee?

Have faith...it'll happen.

L
Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

I understand how you feel - we saw a few people get their requests back within 4-5 weeks and thought that was now the standard delay but have since read many cases like your where it has been months.

It is frustrating - it would be so much easier if they had timeline targets to meet!

However, we can tell our application has been at least looked at. I logged on to ECAS two weeks ago and our contact address has changed - something they would only have obtained from our updated doucments. So they must be doing something with it!

Try to recall how you had initially prepared yourself for a longer wait so even though this seems pained right now things are still moving faster than expected. Good luck!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by delsol79
I understand how you feel - we saw a few people get their requests back within 4-5 weeks and thought that was now the standard delay but have since read many cases like your where it has been months.
I think 4-5 weeks would be very quick - unless it is under the new system (post Feb 08) or something...