Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Still waiting for 120 letter, please advise!!

Still waiting for 120 letter, please advise!!

Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Still waiting for 120 letter, please advise!!

Ahh - I see a few of you are starting to get the 120 day letter/or at least your payment taken from your cc's - and it looks like May 2010 is being processed then.

Good news for me as I have been biting my fingers to the bone worrying that I might have filled something out wrongly (although there is still that chance, I guess!). I sent my app to Sydney on 7th June arrived 16th June (Airsure - Grrrr!), so I imagine we have a good month to go still....

Good luck to all of you still waiting ...and to those who have now heard = congrats!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future
Default Re: Still waiting for 120 letter, please advise!!

Originally Posted by garethnock
No having start getting anything ready yet - but I am going to do some research on what to prepare? do you know where to get a confirmed list of what you need?
Going to start looking into it now

Gareth
Hey Gareth,

I think you can go onto the CIC website and there is a documents list, which you must fulfill, depending on each section, if it applies to you.

Bal
Old Aug 29th 2010, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Hey guys,

Hope everything is going well for everyone!

Both garethnock and myself had our credit cards charged on the 5th August and still after 24 days have not recieved the 120 day email??

this is very worrying and frustrating for us!!

does anyone know what is/may be the delay?

Please give me some hope!!...............

Bal
Old Aug 29th 2010, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Oh dear - that does seem like a long time - though I think I read somewhere that 2 weeks to one month is the norm...?

I had my cc charged on 26/27th August finally (FSW1 received Sydney 16th June 2010), so it seems that side is moving along.... I would feel much better if they sent an email followed by an actual letter, just in case...

Anyway, fingers crossed for you Bal - keep us posted.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Oh dear - that does seem like a long time - though I think I read somewhere that 2 weeks to one month is the norm...?

I had my cc charged on 26/27th August finally (FSW1 received Sydney 16th June 2010), so it seems that side is moving along.... I would feel much better if they sent an email followed by an actual letter, just in case...

Anyway, fingers crossed for you Bal - keep us posted.
Hi Witchiliez,

and thanks for the support I really appreciate it, I know that for some people the ball is rolling along fairly smoothly and their stages are coming up quite soon( application, 120 letter, medicals etc ) but ours seems to be on the slow burner for the moment??!! cannot see the reason or explain it, I wish someone could explain the situation to us all!!

Regards

Bal
Old Aug 29th 2010, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Hey guys,

Both garethnock and myself had our credit cards charged on the 5th August and still after 24 days have not recieved the 120 day email??

Bal
Hey Bal, I have not heard anything either as yet. But was hoping that as its B/H weekend, not much has been going on at the GOV. So fingers crossed that email/letter turns up next week.
I have been putting together references by contacting the inland revenue to get employment records and then contacting my past employes upto 10 years ago - they have actully been really helpful and prompt. I thought this might take forever....so happy about that. Going to start researchign a notory public today to get all the copies notorized. have you begun your paperwork gathering yet?
Gareth
Old Aug 29th 2010, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garethnock
Hey Bal, I have not heard anything either as yet. But was hoping that as its B/H weekend, not much has been going on at the GOV. So fingers crossed that email/letter turns up next week.
I have been putting together references by contacting the inland revenue to get employment records and then contacting my past employes upto 10 years ago - they have actully been really helpful and prompt. I thought this might take forever....so happy about that. Going to start researchign a notory public today to get all the copies notorized. have you begun your paperwork gathering yet?
Gareth
Hey there Gareth,

Nice to hear from you, and really hope they get a move on at CHC!!

Regarding our paper work, I actually put together all my documents, copies and certificates all in advance and got them notarised, then put them in order and sent them to our Immigration agent in Canada 2-4 weeks ago!! which is why I am feeling even more frustrated!!!

My plan is to have everything ready to send to CHC the moment they ask for the documents, to save any more delays than they cause!!

Also just a couple of tips; make sure you shop around all around the area that you live for Notary Public's, as you will save alot of money££ that way because some of them work from home and give better rates than going to an office of solicitors ( Cos they'll rip you off )

The other thing is the passport size photo's, make sure you use a photographer, make sure they take photos of the correct spec asked for by CHC, it is stricter than for passports apparently.

Anyway, wanted to find out about your plans of where exactly you are panning to move to and have you got a family etc and what's your job plans, was curious, I hope I'm not being too nosy

Bal
Old Aug 29th 2010, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Hey guys,

Bal
Took us about 22 days to get 120 letter via email, make sure to check your junk folder
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Took us about 22 days to get 120 letter via email, make sure to check your junk folder

Thanks for the reminder Silverdragon, we are checking all the time without any joy...............it's so draining mentally!

Bal