still in shock!!!!!!!

Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

alspackman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: still in shock!!!!!!!

By email, it looks something like this:

"Dear Applicant, We are pleased to report that our review of your file indicates that you (and any dependants of yours) have now met the requirements for issuance of Permanent Residence Visas.

Consequently, our office asks you and each member of your family who is accompanying you to Canada to send the following documents, along with your passports, to the Immigration Section of the Canadian Consulate General in Los Angeles at the address below, without delay."

After you send passports off, depending on the local visa office you are dealing with I think they can take upto 8 weeks to be returned. Good luck, the waiting sucks but it gets exciting towards the end.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Our passports were sent to London, UK as our initial applications. I know many of you had your applications sent to Buffalo. The wait was 5 weeks for the passports to be back to Calgary from London. I think from Buffalo it's quicker ..not sure about the timeline from there.

I was just worried that we were left without any passports and in case of an emergency we are screwed as we can't fly without them. Then the possibility of them being lost either way to London and back to Calgary worried us more.

What a relief when we got them back on Thursday.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

alspackman is on a distinguished road

I received my passport back from LA on Thursday last week, complete with PR visa. It took about 5 weeks, a little longer than was stated on the letter from LA originally so I guess they are really busy right now.

They had my birth place wrong (says England instead of Wales) so i'm waiting to see if that will be a problem when landing, but i'm hoping to head down to Montana tomorrow for a few days and to activate it on the way back on Friday.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, it's a frustrating process as minimal, if any information is provided along the way in terms of progress, but this board is great for keeping you sane and knowing that other people are going through the same experience helps.

If I can offer any advice or info regarding my experience please drop me a line!