Wikiposts

still in shock ......

Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:18 pm
Banned

NewCanadian will become famous soon enoughNewCanadian will become famous soon enough
Talking still in shock ......

Third week of of March 2005 - our consultant sent application to Moscow

First week of June 2005 - AOR received, reminded by our consultant that it may take another 12 to 20 months for IA from Moscow

Today - our consultant emailed me copy of IA (dated July 14, 2005) with interview waiver and request for medicals he received today

Nationality Russian, Skilled Workers class, married with 2 kids, MBA with 18 years of education and 11 years of experience in Russia, USA and Uzbekistan, wife Bachelor degree with no experience, 7.5 to 8.5 on IELTS test. I hope that security check won't take too long and I'll be able to make my screen name a reality soon

We are on our vacation in Florida and we'll be taking medicals here.

Last edited by NewCanadian; Aug 4th 2005 at 12:52 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

sayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant future
Default Re: still in shock ......

Originally Posted by NewCanadian

First week of June 2005 - AOR received, reminded by our consultant that it may take another 12 to 20 months for IA from Moscow

Today - our consultant emailed me copy of IA (dated July 14, 2005) with interview waiver and request for medicals he received today
What!

Congratulations!!

From what everything I've read, it is currently taking typically 18 months or more, and yours is the fastest I've heard of - not that I spend my entire time trawling timelines you understand. Our AOR said current waiting time for London is now 24 months. Perhaps we should have used your consultant! I suppose it is too much to hope for that everywhere has speeded up in a similar fashion? If it has, then I had better start packing - we sent our application off in January!
Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:27 am
Banned

NewCanadian will become famous soon enoughNewCanadian will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: still in shock ......

FedEx just delivered medical forms to our hotel here - any recommendations for DMP in Miami area? I would really appreciate suggestions.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:04 am
Banned

Never mind...

Found that there are only 2 DMP's in Miami area, both working together at the same clinic, so we have no choice but go there.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:28 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Do you live close to Miami?
If my memory serves me right (anyone who knows different, feel free to correct me!), you have to go back to the same doc if there's something that has to be redone with your medicals. Could become pricey if you live in Russia.

Never mind...

Found that there are only 2 DMP's in Miami area, both working together at the same clinic, so we have no choice but go there.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:01 am
Banned

Yes, I know as our consultant already warned me about it. But we will stay here till end of September and have to do medicals within 60 days from the date of request. We really have no other choice but do medicals here and take our chances.

Thanks for advice anyway.

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Do you live close to Miami?
If my memory serves me right (anyone who knows different, feel free to correct me!), you have to go back to the same doc if there's something that has to be redone with your medicals. Could become pricey if you live in Russia.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 10:34 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Nationality Russian, Skilled Workers class, married with 2 kids, MBA with 18 years of education and 11 years of experience in Russia, USA and Uzbekistan, wife Bachelor degree with no experience, 7.5 to 8.5 on IELTS test. I hope that security check won't take too long and I'll be able to make my screen name a reality soon

We are on our vacation in Florida and we'll be taking medicals here.
Thats awesome mate!!
good luck for the future
Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:45 pm
Banned

Thanks Amy,

We didn't expect IA sonner than late 2006 or early 2007 and we obviously didn't start making any plans for moving to Canada yet. Now we have to deal with totally unexpected but extremely pleasant speed of our application process and start planning fast. It will be fun ....

Originally Posted by amancharan
Thats awesome mate!!
good luck for the future
Old Aug 8th 2005, 4:41 am
Banned

Just an update - we completed our medicals today and doctor said he will be sending report to CIC in about a week after he gets blood test results and x-rays back from lab.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

hi,
first congrats for the super fast application and hope you'll receive visa very soon, but may I ask whether you are a province nominated or a normal federal applicant?
Cheers,
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:11 am
Banned

Standard federal Skilled Workers class, not a PNP, no job offer, no relatives in Canada.

Originally Posted by Ibraheem
hi,
first congrats for the super fast application and hope you'll receive visa very soon, but may I ask whether you are a province nominated or a normal federal applicant?
Cheers,