Still not recieved our AOR

Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

stuart31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still not recieved our AOR

Hi All

I hope someone can put our minds at rest regards the length of time it has been since our skilled worker PR application was signed for in London

We posted on the 29 April 08 and it was signed for on the 30th

I understand that it can take up to 12 weeks before we can contact them to check but stories on here say the have recieved their AOR within a few weeks.

I suppose what i'm asking is that....Is 9/10 weeks normal to have not recieved anything or should i be a little nervous that it has gone missing????

Thanks
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:45 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Still not recieved our AOR

Hi & welcome!
I wouldn't stress too much just yet - trying to work out the time it takes to get AOR (and most other PR related things) is a 'how long is a piece of string' question.
Have you checked out the thread at the top of the board - Ammendments to IRPA as tabled? As there are new procedures for the processing of PR being worked out as we speak, this may be a reason for a delay?
Best of luck.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 2:17 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Stuart

my application is the same as yours but on 2 April 2008 not heard anything at all yet and judging by other posts and comments not really expecting to hear anything this year............

....just hope they spend the interest they are earning on my fees wisely
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi folks

You should read some of the threads relating to the new regulations. The general consensus is that you wont get an AOR for applications after 27 February until the new regs are thrashed out. The decision might be to return all applications that don't fall into one of the job categories the minister is expected to identify.

Unfortunately its an uncomfortable wait for anyone who applied after 27 February 2008.

Cheers
Tom
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:45 am
JEB
Just Joined

JEB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Stuart31

Just wanted to let you know that i sent my SW application in at easter - about a month after the 27th Feb deadline - and I received my AOR last week (42-48 months!!!). It took 11 weeks. So hopefully you should receive something soon. At least I'm in some sort of queue.
Good luck

Johanna
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi Johanna

that's good to know, blows my theory out the water but thats good for all those in the queue.

Cheers
Tom
Old Jul 5th 2008, 8:56 am
Just Joined

jessiemaisyandbeauty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lauder99
Hi Johanna

that's good to know, blows my theory out the water but thats good for all those in the queue.

Cheers
Tom
hi we also sent in our application around mid march and recieved aor last week, wasnt expecting it though after reading threads about new rules?who knows hope yours arrives soon.Also said 42-48 months and im sure our jobs are in demand-nurse and plumber.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 9:01 am
Just Joined

stuart31 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks - you have at least put our minds at rest

good luck to you all
Old Jul 7th 2008, 5:08 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

The above is very encouraging...............I know it is only a bit of paper but it at least would make me feel that I have started the process........
Old Jul 7th 2008, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JEB
Hi Stuart31

Just wanted to let you know that i sent my SW application in at easter - about a month after the 27th Feb deadline - and I received my AOR last week (42-48 months!!!). It took 11 weeks. So hopefully you should receive something soon. At least I'm in some sort of queue.
Good luck

Johanna
Friends of ours sent their application in about a week before you and got theirs two weeks ago, so about same wait.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 6:58 am

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JEB
Hi Stuart31

Good luck

Johanna
Hi

I sent off on the 9th May and by these calculations, we should hear something by the 25th July (11 weeks).

Can I ask what the letter said? Was it very much a holding letter - ie, we won't do anything with your application until we know what the implications of the C-50 changes are going to be?

Many thanks.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about

Those of you who have received AORs recently.... did you apply to London?

Have you added your cases onto www.trackitt.com ?

I'm glad things are still moving.... even though everything is very up in the air at the moment...!