Still no update

Old Sep 10th 2012, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Phoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nice
Default Still no update

I applied for permanent residency in November 2011 and soon after got an email stating the application was approved for processing. Since then they have requested fingerprints in March 2012 for my wife which we sent. Its now September 2012 and we've not heard a single thing, and the ECAS status just says In Process - We received your application for permanent residency on ...

I know the projected timeline was around 22 months at the time, but I just wondered if this sounds normal or whether you'd have expected that I would have received an update. Also is it normal to only ever receive emails? They've never sent any documentation through the mail.

Sorry for the questions, but paranoia sets in.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

trinny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Still no update

The only documentation we got through the mail was medical requests everything else was via email.

We didn't have to supply fingerprints for our PR application - police certificates for the UK and FBI check (which needed fingerprints sending to the FBI) for our time in the USA.

Timelines seem to vary - some are really quick while others seem to have to wait ages - there are a few in the 2011 timeline club thread who haven't heard anything yet, it seems to be fairly much a lottery.

Hopefully someone else on BE will be able to shed more light.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Seems normal to me - ECAS was always a little behind in our case.

Just keep an eye on the calendar and don't be afraid to send a polite email asking if there's anything else they need to complete your application.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

There is a group that has been set up on here - the FSW 2011 timeline club - if you check it out, you will see that there are many varying timelines. I actually posted yesterday that I wondered if it was the right thing to do to email the LVO and ask about the status of your application - I can't see why you can't, like AdrianR said...?