Wikiposts

Statutory of Declaration

Old Jun 16th 2014, 5:58 am
TRC
Forum Regular

TRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Statutory of Declaration

Hi guys,

For the spousal sponsorship do we just one statutory of declaration that myself and my partner do, or do we need friends/family to do it too?

Seems incredibly expensive for that and documents to be notarised.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 5:06 am
TRC
Forum Regular

TRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Statutory of Declaration

So I've read up a bit further on this, just wondering if it is ok to have my parents do it?
Old Jun 20th 2014, 7:14 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Are you applying as married or as common-law?
Old Jun 20th 2014, 3:07 pm
TRC
Forum Regular

common law
Old Jun 21st 2014, 11:13 pm
TRC
Forum Regular

Sorry, didn't didn't read the rules!

Instead of making a new thread, I've looked further into it and I'm not sure if I need IMM 5409, is this only for co-signers as it says on the CIC site. I'm reading conflicting information on this site about if I need this form or not?

This is the last thing we need to do before we sent out our application, so any help is appreciated.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409)

Who must complete this form?

This form must be completed and signed by the sponsor and common-law partner, only if the latter is a co-signer on the application

This is part of the package if applying from outside of Canada.
Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 12:12 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

5409 is only if you have a cosigner, correct, so you don't need that.

You do need letters from friends and family affirming your relationship and two have to be notarized. It's in the principal applicant's checklist, can't remember what number, 12 maybe? (On my phone and don't have the firm's handy.)
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 1:10 am
TRC
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
5409 is only if you have a cosigner, correct, so you don't need that.

You do need letters from friends and family affirming your relationship and two have to be notarized. It's in the principal applicant's checklist, can't remember what number, 12 maybe? (On my phone and don't have the firm's handy.)

Ok perfect thanks! I thought I didn't then people on this forum and others are saying it is best too!.

The cheapest I can find for notarizing is 65 pounds, and he does up to 10. So I might as well do the statutory of declaration anyway if I have to pay 65 quid?
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 5:10 am
Concierge

They're only allowed to charge £5 per copy. It's regulated. Find someone else.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 5:59 am
TRC
Forum Regular

Wow, everywhere in Newcastle where I'm from seems to charge this.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 6:26 am
Concierge

I paid £5 on Fleet Street on central London...
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 6:57 am
TRC
Forum Regular

Wow I'm getting robbed. Did you go to a notary public?
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 7:11 am
Concierge

Yep, can't remember the name. Just googled law firms in London, found one close to work on Fleet Street, called them and said I needed a doc notarized. Met the woman an hour later and handed her a tenner for two docs after my friend signed them. Done.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 8:28 am
TRC
Forum Regular

I've contacted a few law firms and they are charging by the hour. I'll dig further.

Thanks! If its only a fiver I'll do the Statutory of Declaration.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 5:57 am
TRC
Forum Regular

Found one. Whilst I'm there anything else I should get notarised? 2 Statements from friends, the Common law declaration and anything else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.