Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Status if TWP is out but PR not actovated

Wikiposts

Status if TWP is out but PR not actovated

Old Jun 30th 2010, 9:11 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all
Default Status if TWP is out but PR not actovated

Does anyone know if you have to activate your PR to be classed as in status if your TWP runs out before you have a chance to flagpole?

My TWP runs out 31st July. We have our passports back from Buffalo with all the PR paperwork but we're in a crazy period right now & really will struggle to find time to hit the border. We would prefer to go early August when things calm down but by then my TWP will have expired.

Obviously if we have to go we will - even if I have to pull a "sickie" to do it!
Old Jun 30th 2010, 2:10 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Status if TWP is out but PR not actovated

Hi

Originally Posted by RN1
Does anyone know if you have to activate your PR to be classed as in status if your TWP runs out before you have a chance to flagpole?

My TWP runs out 31st July. We have our passports back from Buffalo with all the PR paperwork but we're in a crazy period right now & really will struggle to find time to hit the border. We would prefer to go early August when things calm down but by then my TWP will have expired.

Obviously if we have to go we will - even if I have to pull a "sickie" to do it!
Yes, you will be out of status.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious, if you apply for PR under a certain TWP, then when it comes to getting it you have another TWP with same NOC code in hand, would they know? Do they check the employer?

If so, does that mean you lose your application entirely or can you change it to another employment offer? How does that process work?
Old Jun 30th 2010, 2:28 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Yes, you will be out of status.
I guess we have to go then!

Thanks.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

Originally Posted by RN1
I guess we have to go then!

Thanks.
Why not call local CIC office and arrange for "in-Canada landing", like many in this forum already reported doing? As long as your TWP is valid you are eligible to "land" in local CIC office. Pick up the phone in the morning and call CIC.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 4:04 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by crazy72
Why not call local CIC office and arrange for "in-Canada landing", like many in this forum already reported doing? As long as your TWP is valid you are eligible to "land" in local CIC office. Pick up the phone in the morning and call CIC.
Unless the OP is one of real small centres, i.e. Nanaimo, the waiting time for an appointment is 4-8 weeks.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 6:44 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crazy72
I tried that first, no good. That's why I asked the question. You made a valid point though but in practice it just doesn't seem to be working that well.

The only possible window now is if we go the weekend of the 30th July. If we leave Canada on the 30th & return the 2nd August to activate the PR would that be OK - bearing in mind the TWP part runs out 31st but we would be returning as PR holders?