Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

status change from study permit to work permit

status change from study permit to work permit

Old Jul 16th 2003, 8:02 am
Posts: n/a
Default status change from study permit to work permit

Hello all;

My wife and I are graduate students in canada and my wife is going to
graduate soon from her master's study(thesis defense early sept 03 and
convocation october 03).
Her visitor visa (TRV) has already expired and her study permit will
expire on 31 august 2003. My study permit is valid until december '04

My question is:

1) Which application I should submit in order to extent my wife's
status ? (I am planning to submit a work permit application to Detroit
office since it is possible for us to submit the application in

2) We also have an PR application in process. Would it cause any
inconvenience for my wife's application?

Thank you all for your comments
Old Jul 18th 2003, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 420
reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: status change from study permit to work permit


I think you can apply for your spouse's extension using "Imm 1249". Experts, pl correct me if I am wrong.

reddy_cd is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.