Status change on ECAS

Old Nov 21st 2011, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Status change on ECAS

It said in the instructions it will take up to six weeks to get passport back so hopefully you will have plenty of time before Feb.

Yes I sent it with UPS on Fri and it is due to arrive in London on Wednesday. The instructions were just to include a self addressed envelope with no stamps and they will take care of the rest. I was a little anxious but I know i'm not the first to be in Canada and send passports so im assuming it will be fine. Whats it like? You think your done worrying and then another 'what if' pops into your head lol
Old Nov 21st 2011, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mariar
It said in the instructions it will take up to six weeks to get passport back so hopefully you will have plenty of time before Feb.

Yes I sent it with UPS on Fri and it is due to arrive in London on Wednesday. The instructions were just to include a self addressed envelope with no stamps and they will take care of the rest. I was a little anxious but I know i'm not the first to be in Canada and send passports so im assuming it will be fine. Whats it like? You think your done worrying and then another 'what if' pops into your head lol
Lol, I know. Can I ask if you were entitled to OHIP before your decision? I've just found out i'm pregnant and have a history of miscarriage so should get early scanning. Trying to get excited but not having a decision is worrying even more so now!!
Old Nov 21st 2011, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Lol, I know. Can I ask if you were entitled to OHIP before your decision? I've just found out i'm pregnant and have a history of miscarriage so should get early scanning. Trying to get excited but not having a decision is worrying even more so now!!
Old Nov 21st 2011, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough

Congratulations Sky! I dont know about OHIP, i assumed you have to actually have PR then go down to service Canada (I think) and show them your PR card and then wait 3 months for it to kick in. Dont know if you can apply when you have PPR and then start the 3 months wait. My private insurance runs out in the summer so I havent really looked into it too much yet.Keep me posted if you find out any info? I'd start another thread, im sure there will be people here that know
Old Nov 21st 2011, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations Sky! I dont know about OHIP, i assumed you have to actually have PR then go down to service Canada (I think) and show them your PR card and then wait 3 months for it to kick in. Dont know if you can apply when you have PPR and then start the 3 months wait. My private insurance runs out in the summer so I havent really looked into it too much yet.Keep me posted if you find out any info? I'd start another thread, im sure there will be people here that know
I have the documents here to apply for OHIP. States that I can apply if I can provide proof that I either am a resident or am applying for residency. Not sure if it only counts if applying inland though! There's a service Ontario about 10 minutes away from me so will pop down and see what's what
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

My status on eCAS was just updated to say that medicals have been received. I really, really, really hope that this means we'll get PPR soon, though I know that's not always the case. (We sent the medicals in with our application in July! Not sure what took so long, but I'm hoping this means they're now really looking at our application.)

Any updates for my fellow thread-mates?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 4:50 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Aperture
My status on eCAS was just updated to say that medicals have been received. I really, really, really hope that this means we'll get PPR soon, though I know that's not always the case. (We sent the medicals in with our application in July! Not sure what took so long, but I'm hoping this means they're now really looking at our application.)

Any updates for my fellow thread-mates?
Congrats on the status change.

Our meds were done almost a month ago, we know they arrived as we tracked the courier, but still no change to our ecas

Fingers crossed you will hear good news soon
Old Dec 5th 2011, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Congrats on the status change.

Our meds were done almost a month ago, we know they arrived as we tracked the courier, but still no change to our ecas

Fingers crossed you will hear good news soon
Thanks! I think I'd be less stressed about this if we didn't already have international travel booked for the end of February (and won't be back until after my partner's meds expire--eek).

I hope you get an update soon! The silence can be maddening.