Status change on ECAS

Old Nov 18th 2011, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Status change on ECAS

Feeling a little disheartened today... My application was received in London on the 9th September and my status changed to "medicals have been received" 4 weeks ago now. According to some, this was an indication that a decision was looming. However it seems that's not the case as this morning ECAS has only just changed to "In Process." I submitted absolutely everything with my file but does anyone know if CIC do any checks to verify my info? I'm just trying to get an indication of how much longer this may take...
Old Nov 18th 2011, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Status change on ECAS

My ECAS still states application received 15th Nov 2010, even though the file has been transferred to Seattle. I have given up checking ECAS

Sorry tjis does not answer your question, but it is a little disheartening when you are looking for an indication that there is movement on your application.

Good luck
Old Nov 18th 2011, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
My ECAS still states application received 15th Nov 2010, even though the file has been transferred to Seattle. I have given up checking ECAS

Sorry tjis does not answer your question, but it is a little disheartening when you are looking for an indication that there is movement on your application.

Good luck
I know It disgruntles me too when they say everything is processed in date order when clearly that's not the case. I feel that everyone is passing me by. I suppose i'm having one of those off days lol. Hoping by miracle that someone out there has had their PPR not long after changing to "in process" This waiting is taking over my life!
Old Nov 18th 2011, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky_summers
I know It disgruntles me too when they say everything is processed in date order when clearly that's not the case. I feel that everyone is passing me by. I suppose i'm having one of those off days lol. Hoping by miracle that someone out there has had their PPR not long after changing to "in process" This waiting is taking over my life!
I and many others, I am sure, share your feelings. I don't think I had ever checked my personal e-mail so many times a day until we started this process.
Lets keep positive and yes, a wee miracle would help immensely
Old Nov 18th 2011, 4:36 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

We had our medicals request on Oct 31 and still can't even get our file up on ECAS

On a more positive note meds all seem ok and going off to Ottawa today
Old Nov 18th 2011, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snowcandy
We had our medicals request on Oct 31 and still can't even get our file up on ECAS

On a more positive note meds all seem ok and going off to Ottawa today
good news
Old Nov 18th 2011, 5:43 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
good news
Hope you have good news soon, awaiting with baited breath to see someone come out the other side from Ottawa!!
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Hope you have good news soon, awaiting with baited breath to see someone come out the other side from Ottawa!!
Thank you, Snowcandy
Old Nov 19th 2011, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

scuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant future

I guess the CIC and associated agencies don't believe in updating online statuses often. In India, when I check the status of my TWP, it only says your passport has been received on such and such date, and is under processing. Nothing changed even when they received my medical results. It only changes when they courier your passport back to you.

It doesn't help when one is an impatient individual like myself!
Old Nov 19th 2011, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sky_summers
You have my empathy on this one. We got sponsor approval on 30 September and have had nothing--no e-mail, no post, no eCAS update--since then. People from early October are starting to get PPR now and, while it's wonderful for them, it's a bit unnerving for us!

I'm sure we'll get there eventually.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aperture
You have my empathy on this one. We got sponsor approval on 30 September and have had nothing--no e-mail, no post, no eCAS update--since then. People from early October are starting to get PPR now and, while it's wonderful for them, it's a bit unnerving for us!

I'm sure we'll get there eventually.
I would like to know how they work it. I really would. I was a caseworker for a government department for a number of years and I was aware of people selecting easy looking files or putting specific files to the end of the pile as they looked trickier to process. As long as they were answered by their BF dates nobody cared. Like you Aperture - I am pleased for those who have had PPR's but don't understand how having sponsorship approval a month after me gets them a PPR before me and meanwhile my application still hasn't even reached the "in process" stage yet! Really wish I could get some answers, but hey ho... I guess it's a matter of waiting while they do backround checks, go on christmas leave and come back to a backlog. By then processing times will have gone up and I will be grey at the tender age of 30
Old Nov 20th 2011, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough

Aperture/Sky, I understand how frustrated you both are, I know I would be feeling the same way I have no answers as to why you havent had PPR yet but I just wanted you both to know I appreciate your kind words and support through this process and let you know just because Im at a further on stage ive not jumped ship! Im still rooting for you both and checking the forum to read your updates.

On another note, start saving for getting PPR, I was shocked to shell out $76 to courier my passport to London I knew it would be pricey but wow lol
Old Nov 20th 2011, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

sky_summers, that's exactly what I imagine! They look at our file and go, "Ugh, another common-law application with too much evidence and crap to read. I'm going to do an easy marriage application instead and then head out for lunch." Makes me think I should have included sweets in the application packet to entice a hungry government agent.

mariar, aw, thanks, you're so sweet! I definitely appreciate the camaraderie around here and look forward to seeing your excited post after you finally get to land!

Assuming it can take up to 8 weeks to get the passport back from the London office (we live in Canada), I'm telling myself that we have until early December to get PPR before we have to panic. We're travelling internationally towards the end of February--tickets already booked--so we want the passport (with visa!) back before then.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mariar
Aperture/Sky, I understand how frustrated you both are, I know I would be feeling the same way I have no answers as to why you havent had PPR yet but I just wanted you both to know I appreciate your kind words and support through this process and let you know just because Im at a further on stage ive not jumped ship! Im still rooting for you both and checking the forum to read your updates.

On another note, start saving for getting PPR, I was shocked to shell out $76 to courier my passport to London I knew it would be pricey but wow lol
Thanks Mariar... It makes things that little bit easier when you hear nice words from someone $76! That's a tad pricey eh! So was it all good then sending from here and still applying outland?
Old Nov 21st 2011, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aperture
sky_summers, that's exactly what I imagine! They look at our file and go, "Ugh, another common-law application with too much evidence and crap to read. I'm going to do an easy marriage application instead and then head out for lunch." Makes me think I should have included sweets in the application packet to entice a hungry government agent.

mariar, aw, thanks, you're so sweet! I definitely appreciate the camaraderie around here and look forward to seeing your excited post after you finally get to land!

Assuming it can take up to 8 weeks to get the passport back from the London office (we live in Canada), I'm telling myself that we have until early December to get PPR before we have to panic. We're travelling internationally towards the end of February--tickets already booked--so we want the passport (with visa!) back before then.
Well I thought I had one of those easy marriage applications lol! We did submit a whole lot in the application though - including 2 years worth of skype call logs/conversations (I dread to think of them reading through our personal conversations )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.