State support to new immigrant

Old Feb 15th 2002, 11:15 am
Would Be Immigr

Default State support to new immigrant

Dear all,

It is not that anybody migrates to Canada with the expectation of state support.
But due to the prevailing economic situation i would like to know if the
immigrants get any support from the governament till one gets a job. If some
support is given can someone give an idea what is the system for a family with two
kids of 7 yrs and 2 years.

I would appreciate an answer from the experts.

Thanks in advance.

Would be migrant

Old Feb 15th 2002, 1:06 pm
Stuart Brook

Default Re: State support to new immigrant

None until all your resources are used up ... and maybe not even then ... and any
assistance you might get depends on your specific needs and what is available in the
community you are in. The requirments for social assistance far exceed the funds
available everywhere, but in some places, far more than others.

This is why you MUST have good funds on landing.

Stuart

would be immigrant wrote:
    >
    > Dear all,
    >
    > It is not that anybody migrates to Canada with the expectation of state support.
    > But due to the prevailing economic situation i would like to know if the immigrants
    > get any support from the governament till one gets a job. If some support is given
    > can someone give an idea what is the system for a family with two kids of 7 yrs and
    > 2 years.
    >
    > I would appreciate an answer from the experts.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Would be migrant

Old Feb 15th 2002, 3:25 pm
Hello

Default Re: State support to new immigrant

I would suggest not to land in Canada if you cannot show funds - because you would
be asked for it during landing process. State support is extremely difficult if not
impossible for new migrants - this is one of the reason why govt asks for
settlement funds.

"would be immigrant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > It is not that anybody migrates to Canada with the expectation of state support.
    > But due to the prevailing economic situation i would like to know if the immigrants
    > get any support from the governament till one gets a job. If some support is given
    > can someone give an idea what is the system for a family with two kids of 7 yrs and
    > 2 years.
    >
    > I would appreciate an answer from the experts.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Would be migrant