Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Stat Declaration of Common-Law relationship Doozy

Stat Declaration of Common-Law relationship Doozy

Old Mar 21st 2006, 7:08 am
Faire de la *fluff fluff*

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about
Question Stat Declaration of Common-Law relationship Doozy

Hi all, AGAIN....
Sorry for the spewage of threads tonite, but I am a ssssstressin'!

Again, we are going through the checklists and I just came upon the Stat. Declaration of Common-Law Union checkpoint: we just had ours done in The Hague on Friday and now I read that you need to send the original IF YOU HAVE A CO-SIGNER, which of course I don't as I am sponsoring my BF.

But it seems as though you have to do it, but the checklist says only if you have a co-signer - so now I am in conflict!!

I guess my questions is: I don't have a co-signer, but my BF and i made a declaration regardless - do we send it in?

Waa.... man I could use a cigarette right now and i don't smoke!
Old Mar 21st 2006, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stat Declaration of Common-Law relationship Doozy

Originally Posted by Fluffy Boogie
Hi all, AGAIN....

Again, we are going through the checklists and I just came upon the Stat. Declaration of Common-Law Union checkpoint: we just had ours done in The Hague on Friday and now I read that you need to send the original IF YOU HAVE A CO-SIGNER, which of course I don't as I am sponsoring my BF.

But it seems as though you have to do it, but the checklist says only if you have a co-signer - so now I am in conflict!!

I guess my questions is: I don't have a co-signer, but my BF and i made a declaration regardless - do we send it in?

Hands fluffy and smoke and a glass of strong whiskey!! ive sent u a pm, but regardless yes you send it in.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough

Yes, just send in th form. Remember these forms are used for more then just Family Class (common-law) applications. This is why they are very general and sometimes very confusing. I know it says nothing for the common-law checklist to send in this form; however, it should, and several experts on this board will tell you need to send in this form. You're declaring your common-law relationship, and that's why it's needed.
Good Luck to you!

Originally Posted by Fluffy Boogie
Hi all, AGAIN....

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:30 am
Faire de la *fluff fluff*

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by vietcan
Yes, just send in th form. Remember these forms are used for more then just Family Class (common-law) applications. This is why they are very general and sometimes very confusing. I know it says nothing for the common-law checklist to send in this form; however, it should, and several experts on this board will tell you need to send in this form. You're declaring your common-law relationship, and that's why it's needed.
Good Luck to you!
Again, thanks to you guys! You are my B-Expats site sistah-friends! So happy for the great help and shoulder to whine/worry/cheer on. Fluffy