Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Starting the application for Spousal Sponsership - which application kit?

Starting the application for Spousal Sponsership - which application kit?

Old Jan 17th 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Starting the application for Spousal Sponsership - which application kit?

Hi,

I'm looking at starting to fill in my application for spousal sponsorship and am currently staring at the CIC website wondering 'which one am i applying for?' I know I want to apply for the outland spousal sponsorship (which i assume takes place in london) as it is a much faster process, so, on the CIC website under step 1: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-how.asp#step1)

it gives both these options:

If your spouse, partner or accompanying dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner.

If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives abroad, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class.

Now I am living in Canada already with my Canadian girlfriend (until august when my whv is up) so the first one makes sense, as it is true, but the second one sounds like the one I want to do as it sounds like the outland one? This is only the first step and I am already confused haha.

help?! thanks

chris
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:17 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting the application for Spousal Sponsership - which application kit?

Hi

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Hi,

I'm looking at starting to fill in my application for spousal sponsorship and am currently staring at the CIC website wondering 'which one am i applying for?' I know I want to apply for the outland spousal sponsorship (which i assume takes place in london) as it is a much faster process, so, on the CIC website under step 1: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-how.asp#step1)

it gives both these options:

If your spouse, partner or accompanying dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner.

If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives abroad, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class.

Now I am living in Canada already with my Canadian girlfriend (until august when my whv is up) so the first one makes sense, as it is true, but the second one sounds like the one I want to do as it sounds like the outland one? This is only the first step and I am already confused haha.

help?! thanks

chris
You use the one where the spouse lives abroad. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting the application for Spousal Sponsership - which application kit?

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You use the one where the spouse lives abroad. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp
Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

don't worry I was confused by that also. I was having a quick look at the forms myself as I will be submitting them in about 6 months too, and I have to admit I was stumped by that too! So I am glad you asked the question and now I know the answer. Thanks!