Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Stacking BC PNP on top of existing SW PR application

Wikiposts

Stacking BC PNP on top of existing SW PR application

Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Stacking BC PNP on top of existing SW PR application

Hi,

I was hoping someone would be able to help with this question:

Can I use a BC PNP Nomination Certificate in conjunction with a job offer as an International Graduate of a BC Post Secondary institution to amend / speed up the processing of an existing SW PR application that was submitted in Buffalo immediately after arriving in Canada at the start of my studies?

The BC based job offer would have been secured against a 12 month PGWP for an International Graduate of a 12 month Post-Secondary course in BC.

I notice the processing times for PNP in Buffalo are a fraction of SW PR – can I add this to my queuing SW PR application to help speed things up. I don’t expect them to have completed processing by the time I graduate so I believe I need the above to fill the gap between graduation and PR application assessment.

The post-secondary institution I am studying at describes itself as:

"Vancouver Film School is registered and Accredited with the Private Career Training Institutions Agency of B.C. (Registration # M0027) and the Ministry of Advanced Education, Training and Technology (School Code
- APHO).

VFS does not offer degree programs all our programs offer diploma's or certificates, and it is a Private Institute of British Columbia."

I am also trying to determine if the above matches the defined requirements on CIC website for both the PGWP programme and PNP.

Any thoughts???

Thanks for you help.

Kind Regards

Ben
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:32 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stacking BC PNP on top of existing SW PR application

If your case is in Buffalo then you will have to withdraw it and submit new PR application with PNP certificate.

Only CHC London is working outside the rules and allows for change of category.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Stacking BC PNP on top of existing SW PR application

many thanks

Ben