Spouse Visa - Timeline ?

Old May 6th 2008, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Tipper12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Timeline ?

Thought that I would add our time line, since I frequently check here for everybody elses. For some reason it's nice to see others going through the painful waiting process and try and estimate your time.
Our application was received in Mississaugua on Feb.19, 2008. We applied through common law (which I wasn't sure how it would process compared to being married - thought it may take longer) I was approved as a sponsor on March 6 and London began processing on March 18th. We received our request for passports today (May 6th). Yeah! Everything is falling into place and it is very exciting.
Good luck to everyone. I wish you lots of patience....
Old May 6th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

Congrats Tipper - where in Canada are you heading?
Old May 6th 2008, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Tipper12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by danfolkestone
Congrats Tipper - where in Canada are you heading?
Thanks Danfolkestone. We are heading to Edmonton, AB. Flights are booked for the 22nd. We are both quitting are jobs at the end of the month to get all packed up. It's all very exciting!
Old May 6th 2008, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

AlanTaylor is an unknown quantity at this point

London got my application on April the 9th - so I am hoping I can join my girlfriend not too long after she leaves at the end of June if it all goes to plan! Weeeeeeeee!!!
Old May 7th 2008, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

This is great news for everybody, London is getting its butt into gear.

Just one question though, have any of you put in spousal applications with children involved????

Dont want to sound rude, just scared that because i have children included in the application, i might have to wait longer.

And i want to go today/yesterday

Last edited by sas-lou; May 7th 2008 at 4:42 am.
Old May 7th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

Sas-Lou, No children on my application. I'm not sure whether that would slow it down at all.

Tipper - another one heading for good ol' Alberta then! I'm planning to land in Calgary in August.
Old May 9th 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

techwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tipper12
Thought that I would add our time line, since I frequently check here for everybody elses. For some reason it's nice to see others going through the painful waiting process and try and estimate your time.
Our application was received in Mississaugua on Feb.19, 2008. We applied through common law (which I wasn't sure how it would process compared to being married - thought it may take longer) I was approved as a sponsor on March 6 and London began processing on March 18th. We received our request for passports today (May 6th). Yeah! Everything is falling into place and it is very exciting.
Good luck to everyone. I wish you lots of patience....
Congratulations Tipper - your timeline almost mirrors mine, but I am having to wait a little longer.

I long for the day the postman brings that letter. Everything is in limbo until them. It cannot be long now surely.

Anyone else get their PPRs this week ?

GW
Old May 14th 2008, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

techwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant future

Anyone else had PPR requests for spouse visas in the past two weeks - if so I would be interested in your timelines ?

GW
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Spouse Visa - Timeline ?

Got an e-mail last Thursday asking me to send in my passport to CHC London - so the finish line is in sight

Just need to sell my flat and do the hundreds of other things I planned to do before moving over.

Regards

GW.