RCMP request - delayed mail

Old Sep 16th 2018, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RCMP request - delayed mail

Hi all,

I was sent an RCMP request as part of my Express Entry application. I'm currently in the UK, so got my fingerprints done here and the next step is to get them sent over to an accredited company in Canada to digitize them and submit to the RCMP directly. The prints have just arrived in Toronto, but Royal Mail have told me there is a backlog in customs and it might take up to 4 weeks for them to be cleared. My deadline to submit my RCMP check is 21st Oct. Once the company receive my prints in Toronto it shouldn't take more than a week for them to process my check.

With this delay in mind, should I inform CIC now that there might be a hold up? Or just wait and see what happens? And how would I let them know / provide evidence I am in the process of getting my check?

Thank you!
Old Sep 16th 2018, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RCMP request - delayed mail

Do you have to send them by Royal Mail or can you not use UPS, Fedex or DHL?
Old Sep 16th 2018, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Do you have to send them by Royal Mail or can you not use UPS, Fedex or DHL?
When I went to the Post Office they told me it would take a week, so went with them.
Old Sep 16th 2018, 7:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping / presuming that you sent it 'international tracked and signed' ?

If so, check online.. if it hasn't been cleared through customs by 10th October (not sure how Royal Mail would know there's a backlog of 4 weeks) then perhaps send a case specific enquiry showing the tracking information which will prove that you are attempting to meet the requirements - they 'should' take that into consideration and give you a little leeway - particularly as you got it done early and sent it in good time. (send them proof of everything.. having them done, proof of postage, tracking info, etc).

I believe that Canada Post 'take over' international mail once they cross the border.. you can track your package here:https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/...ubcat=tracking
or here: http://parcelsapp.com/en

Hope you hear soon.
NB, it's always a good idea to use a courier when it comes to something as important as this.. failure to meet the deadline 'could' result in your application being curtailed or refused.

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 16th 2018 at 8:08 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2018, 7:46 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

This is exactly what happened with our ECA documents when they were being sent to WES in Toronto. The Royal Mail bit did only take a week but they were then sat for 2 weeks in the mailroom at Pearson due to the backlog.

Nothing you can do at that point unfortunately.
Old Sep 16th 2018, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
This isn't available in the UK. There are no RCMP accredited companies in the UK, so I had to do it this way unfortunately
Old Sep 16th 2018, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crofty82
This is exactly what happened with our ECA documents when they were being sent to WES in Toronto. The Royal Mail bit did only take a week but they were then sat for 2 weeks in the mailroom at Pearson due to the backlog.

Nothing you can do at that point unfortunately.
Frustrating, guess I've got a bit of leeway to work with. Surely CIC must be aware of events like this happening, which is why I thought if I let them know I've applied for the check etc (and show proof of doing so) that they would give me more time or take it into account?
Old Sep 16th 2018, 8:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rana1
This isn't available in the UK. There are no RCMP accredited companies in the UK, so I had to do it this way unfortunately
With that service, from what I read, you go to your local police station / fingerprinting service, have them taken then scan them in and upload them online - they are then digitalised and checked.
Old Sep 16th 2018, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

There are reports that Canada Mail will be in position to strike on or after September 26 ............ negotiations have been going on for around 2 years, so possibly not much hope that a strike will not occur.

Just another thing to consider when mailing items that might involve Canada Post and time limits.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 9:17 am
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Keep an eye on the tracking.

We send daily to Canada and don't really have any issues. Deliveries normally take around 10-14 days max Canada-wide. That is on the Royal Mail International Tracked Service.

Ensure that all customs labels are clearly shown and you have the blue 'Airmail' stickers all over the envelope/package.

As Siouxie says, check on the Canada.ca website for any updates.

Non-urgent stuff I tend to use Royal Mail. Couriers are the best option as the other OP's have mentioned.