Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spouse sponsorship question IMM0008

Spouse sponsorship question IMM0008

Old Feb 27th 2017, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

benbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spouse sponsorship question IMM0008

I'm filling out my spouse application under the out of country family class and had a few questions about the application - I would be grateful for anyone else's advice on this:

1. We have to send in a marriage certificate - am I right in thinking this only needs to be a copy, not the original?

2. On the "Generic Application Form for Canada" Q3 asks "How many family members, including you, are in this application?" The online guide says not to include my Canadian spouse in this number ("Do not include the sponsor or family members that are already permanent residents or Canadian citizens.") But the problem I have is that the form won't validate if I don't include her in the count. I presume this is because she's listed under the Dependents section in the application, which explicitly says to include your spouse. What should I do?

3. I'm using a supporting document to cover more than one category (i.e. a rental agreement). Is one copy enough or do I need to make multiple copies?

Thanks so much!
Old Feb 27th 2017, 4:47 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse sponsorship question IMM0008

Most of your questions are in the FAQ, which is linked in my signature.

The form isn't validating because your wife isn't your dependent for the purposes of immigration - she's your sponsor, so you don't include her as your dependent on the form.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

benbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing, thanks so much! That guide is extremely helpful! I'm almost ready to submit...
Old Mar 1st 2017, 1:17 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benbb
Amazing, thanks so much! That guide is extremely helpful! I'm almost ready to submit...
Glad you are finding it useful! Have a read through -- and have a read of the first part of Section 8, which has a few tips for before your submit!

Once you've submitted head over to the Timeline for Spousal Sponsorship via London thread and post your details and join the others who are in the same waiting game!

In the meantime, post any more questions here, we are here to help!
Old Mar 1st 2017, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Just another quick question if I may: am I right in thinking that it would be a good idea to reference supporting documents by writing references on the checklist? E.g. "See #3" and write a corresponding "#3" on the relevant supporting document. Or is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks again!
Old Mar 1st 2017, 6:58 am
Concierge

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, found the links in the end. Sent the application off today!
Old Mar 6th 2017, 1:29 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by benbb
Thanks, found the links in the end. Sent the application off today!
Awesome! If you want to be added to the spreadsheet (linked in my signature) then post the relevant info (it's obvious from the spreadsheet what we need), then post any future updates in the Timeline via London thread. Always useful to have more info on the spreadsheet (and a great way to pay it forward too!).