Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

spouse sponsorship and medical question

spouse sponsorship and medical question

Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future
Default spouse sponsorship and medical question

Hi

We are just about to start the process and want to get it done as soon as possible, once we have sent off the forms, can I apply to do my medical asap? or do i need to wait to be told to?

Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

james_smith99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spouse sponsorship and medical question

Originally Posted by wats123
Hi

We are just about to start the process and want to get it done as soon as possible, once we have sent off the forms, can I apply to do my medical asap? or do i need to wait to be told to?

Thanks
if you're doing it from outside canada then you do the medical first and send it off with the forms.

i did my medical in september and was asked for my passport the week before christmas - so you might want to start packing if you're sending the forms anytime soon !
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of
Default Re: spouse sponsorship and medical question

Originally Posted by wats123
Hi

Thanks
I think that you are getting confused between the spousal and skilled worker processes, which are very different. As James says, you do the medical before you send off your forms. You will receive a form to include in your application.

Have you done your police check? You will need to send that with your application as well.