Wikiposts

Spouse sponsorship

Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

SCORPION is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse sponsorship

I have recently moved to Toronto but got married after receiving PR. I am due to return to the UK to complete a contract....

Is it possible for me to start the sponsorship process for my spouse whilst here and then return to complete my contract OR am I supposed to be here for the duration of the sponsorship process?

Any help would be most appreciated
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:56 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse sponsorship

Hi

Originally Posted by SCORPION
I have recently moved to Toronto but got married after receiving PR. I am due to return to the UK to complete a contract....

Is it possible for me to start the sponsorship process for my spouse whilst here and then return to complete my contract OR am I supposed to be here for the duration of the sponsorship process?

Any help would be most appreciated
!. Assuming you got married after you "landed" (a whole can of worms otherwise) as a PR you have to be resident in Canada to sponsor. A number of sponsor have found that out the hard way, when as PR they left Canada during the processing.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

SCORPION is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse sponsorship

PMM,

Many thanks for your response.... I gathered as much from the sponsorship application but was trying to avoid the 6mth wait...