Spouse Sponsor/Family Member

Old Aug 29th 2015, 2:27 am
Just Joined

bek_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Sponsor/Family Member

Hi, I'm really sorry if this has been asked elsewhere and I've looked over the FAQ document but cannot seem to find confirmation of this - when instructions tell you to 'list all your family members' or 'complete a form for each family member' - does this include your spouse or not *when your spouse is your sponsor*?

My husband is a Canadian Citizen. For example, should we be sending in Police Checks for every country he's lived in since age 18? It's not listed under the Sponsor's checklist but on the immigrant checklist it says "each country in which you and every one of your family aged 18 years or over...", and doesn't explicitly say that the sponsor is exempt. I'm confused because in a number of places, it states that even Canadian citizens must be included (that's in reference to dependents) or family members who will not be travelling with you.

I know that he doesn't need to be listed as included as "in this application" (IMM 0008 Q3 because the guide 3999 states "If you are being sponsored as a member of the family class, your spouse or common-law partner (except where your spouse or common-law partner is the sponsor) must be included in your application as a family member."

Do we need to submit an additional family information form for him though? the Immigrant checklist says "you and each of your family members 18 years of age or older" and doesn't explicitly exempt your sponsor. Same for Schedule A Background Declaration (IMM 5669)

I'm pretty sure that I don't include him as a 'family member', only where it asks about Spouse or Sponsor, but I don't want my application to be returned incomplete!
Old Aug 29th 2015, 3:35 am
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Sponsor/Family Member

Originally Posted by bek_
Hi, I'm really sorry if this has been asked elsewhere and I've looked over the FAQ document but cannot seem to find confirmation of this - when instructions tell you to 'list all your family members' or 'complete a form for each family member' - does this include your spouse or not *when your spouse is your sponsor*?

My husband is a Canadian Citizen. For example, should we be sending in Police Checks for every country he's lived in since age 18? It's not listed under the Sponsor's checklist but on the immigrant checklist it says "each country in which you and every one of your family aged 18 years or over...", and doesn't explicitly say that the sponsor is exempt. I'm confused because in a number of places, it states that even Canadian citizens must be included (that's in reference to dependents) or family members who will not be travelling with you.
My spouse is a Canadian Citizen, we only sent police checks for me as the principal applicant

I know that he doesn't need to be listed as included as "in this application" (IMM 0008 Q3 because the guide 3999 states "If you are being sponsored as a member of the family class, your spouse or common-law partner (except where your spouse or common-law partner is the sponsor) must be included in your application as a family member."

Do we need to submit an additional family information form for him though? the Immigrant checklist says "you and each of your family members 18 years of age or older" and doesn't explicitly exempt your sponsor. Same for Schedule A Background Declaration (IMM 5669)
Only for the Principal Applicant, don't need to do for the Sponsor. (he is named on your additional family info as your spouse) The clue is on checklist, those forms are only mentioned under 'The person to be sponsored' section :-)

I got confused too, you are right, you are so scared you will get your application returned. I was lucky, I had a friend who went through it all before me, and they kindly gave me a copy of their application. Any others questions, this site is awesome!
Old Aug 29th 2015, 4:05 am
Just Joined

bek_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Sponsor/Family Member

Great, thanks!

I've found so much useful information on these forums already

Congrats on the recent decision...assuming it's a positive one and hoping you get your letter soon!