Wikiposts

Spouse Question...

Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

egomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to all
Default Spouse Question...

Hello all!

I am being sponsored by my Candian wife and we were wondering if it is important/necessary for her (or both of us) to have a job organised for the sponsorship application to be passed?

Cheers!
Jodie
Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Spouse Question...

Originally Posted by egomasseur
Hello all!

I am being sponsored by my Candian wife and we were wondering if it is important/necessary for her (or both of us) to have a job organised for the sponsorship application to be passed?

Cheers!
Jodie
hello and welcome to the forum.

It isnt' necessary, however..she ( as the sponsor) does need to show how she can support you...~which could be~...money in bank..good career prospect...place to stay etc etc...even if it is with relatives that is fine.----there is no set amount required for income.

you ( as the applicant) do not need a job set up or anything....and you do not need to show amounts of money in the bank etc.......

keep in mind this is for the Spouse Visa...as it can get a tad confusin on these boards at times with the different visas and requirements.

so that aside......i am guessing you are applying OUTof Canada application.? if so......your whole process *could* be done within 4-6mths of applying...esp when you are front loading your meds and police clearance ( well done!!)

there are quite a few on the boards on that moment doing the spouse visa thing...and there are quite a few of us who have already done it.....good luck and keep us posted....

Last edited by Maple Leaf; Oct 17th 2007 at 3:38 am. Reason: re-worded to be politicaly correct hahaa~
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to disagree, Maple Leaf, but for spousal sponsorship you don't need to show that you can support your partner financially. I cannnot remember who it was, but someone on this forum put "NIL" in the income part of their sponsorship application and CIC was fine with that, and I have my AIP and my (Canadian) husband gave up his job in the UK when we moved over here and didn't have one arranged in Canada.

Edited to add that it was Biiiiiiink (however many i's!)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451771

Last edited by AlexInBC; Oct 17th 2007 at 3:07 am. Reason: Added link to thread
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
Sorry to disagree, Maple Leaf, but for spousal sponsorship you don't need to show that you can support your partner financially. I cannnot remember who it was, but someone on this forum put "NIL" in the income part of their sponsorship application and CIC was fine with that, and I have my AIP and my (Canadian) husband gave up his job in the UK when we moved over here and didn't have one arranged in Canada.
hello....umm isn't that what i said...?? that it isn't neccesary....

however...from what i do understand..they do like to see something ...be it that you are staying with relatives...and have good job prospects etc....

it is outlined well in the sponsor questionaire section...good luck!! to OP

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/pdf/kit...s/IMM5540E.PDF
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AlexInBC

Edited to add that it was Biiiiiiink (however many i's!)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451771
thanks..i re-worded some of my original post to be more correct..... and yes i had seen that post before too....and posted in that thread aswell. like i say there we are so lucky here in Canada that we can do it without the income threshold.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

egomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to allegomasseur is a name known to all

Thanks so much for the help guys!!!

It's great to know that there are people who have been through the whole thing and are on the other side of THE FORMS...

I wish I could return the favour with some good advice but I the only thing I can recommend is a good place to buy fish and chips in Hull (Cave Street) not that it matters if you are in Canada...

Thanks so much!

Jodie
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:17 pm
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of

fish and chips in Hull (Cave Street)
where's that in Hull?

prefer to get mine in Cottingham
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Driver_Once_More
where's that in Hull?

prefer to get mine in Cottingham
Once again - gentle reminder, this part of the forum is not for chit chat. Use the private message facility or one of the general discussion forums.