Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spouse PR sponsorship Quebec, Question for experts

Spouse PR sponsorship Quebec, Question for experts

Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:36 am
Just Joined

abe1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse PR sponsorship Quebec, Question for experts

I'm currently in the process of sponsoring my wife for PR in Quebec. It is an out of Canada application.

I've already received the approval to sponsor (4 weeks after submitting application), and the Quebec approval and Quebec Selection Certificate (4 weeks after approval to sponsor).

We've also recieved a letter from the Canadian embassy overseas aknowledging that they've received our application from Mississigua.

Overseas embassies post timelines for processing spouse PR sponsorship applications, and the time is often shorter in the processing of provential nominees. My question experts is, are Quebec approved cases officially considered provential nominees and processed as such by embassies?

The reason I ask is that Quebec is listed on the CIC website as it's own special case, and not on the list of provinces in the provential nominee program, even though the process is essentially the same for Quebec and those provinces.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:02 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse PR sponsorship Quebec, Question for experts

HI

Originally Posted by abe1
I'm currently in the process of sponsoring my wife for PR in Quebec. It is an out of Canada application.

I've already received the approval to sponsor (4 weeks after submitting application), and the Quebec approval and Quebec Selection Certificate (4 weeks after approval to sponsor).

We've also recieved a letter from the Canadian embassy overseas aknowledging that they've received our application from Mississigua.

Overseas embassies post timelines for processing spouse PR sponsorship applications, and the time is often shorter in the processing of provential nominees. My question experts is, are Quebec approved cases officially considered provential nominees and processed as such by embassies?

The reason I ask is that Quebec is listed on the CIC website as it's own special case, and not on the list of provinces in the provential nominee program, even though the process is essentially the same for Quebec and those provinces.
Not a provincal nominee, straight forward spousal application.

PMM
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:12 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse PR sponsorship Quebec, Question for experts

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

Not a provincal nominee, straight forward spousal application.

PMM
Yep; its considered a normal spousal application and not a provincial nominee program! quebec has a special status due to the canada-quebec accord, whereby quebec is awarded a special status