Spouse Open Work Permit Query..

Old Nov 17th 2007, 3:53 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spouse Open Work Permit Query..

Previously posted in the wrong place...!

I have an open work permit - attached to my OH's work permit. His WP permit expires in April 08, so mine will as well. The company he works for is putting a PNP application in for us so apparantly he will not need to renew his work permit - what happens to me? Can I still work as well or do I need to do something else?

many thanks
Old Nov 17th 2007, 5:31 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Open Work Permit Query..

I think that if you haven't got PR by the time his WP expires, then he will need to renew it, so you would renew yours at the same time.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Previously posted in the wrong place...!

I have an open work permit - attached to my OH's work permit. His WP permit expires in April 08, so mine will as well. The company he works for is putting a PNP application in for us so apparantly he will not need to renew his work permit - what happens to me? Can I still work as well or do I need to do something else?

many thanks
Originally Posted by bazzz
I think that if you haven't got PR by the time his WP expires, then he will need to renew it, so you would renew yours at the same time.
Yep - just apply for an extension and let them know that you are waiting for PNP to be sorted and there should be no problem
Old Nov 17th 2007, 5:07 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Yep - just apply for an extension and let them know that you are waiting for PNP to be sorted and there should be no problem
Thank you everyone