Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spouse with no PR card 5 months after landing

Spouse with no PR card 5 months after landing

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

JCandPJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Spouse with no PR card 5 months after landing

We keep hitting a brick wall, so I hope someone can help, please?

We received our COPR April 2010 and my husband, the principal applicant, landed at Calgary in May. I couldn't land at the same time as I couldn't get time off work and we were desperately tring to sell our house. I finally landed in Calgary at the beggining of October. We both gave the same address for our PR cards to be sent to; a friend near Vancouver. My husbands arrived a couple of months after he landed, and I was able to bring it back. Mine still has not arrived.

Having at last sold our house, we want to go on a recce and look for a new home. I've read Wiki posts and other threads and it seems I will be okay to travel over without the PR card if I take my proof of PR status, but we are really confused about how I go about getting my PR card, which we have resigned ourselves after all this time to having been lost. We've tried contacting the Embassy in London but they couldn't help, or even tell us who to contact. We tried the helpline number given on the CHC website (a Canadian Number) but when we called it says it is an incorrect area code. I've read other posts where people have to apply in person with photos etc. but WHERE do you apply and does anybody have a contact number or email?

Can't believe we have got through everything so far only to come unstuck at this last hurdle!

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse with no PR card 5 months after landing

Try checking out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../apply-how.asp
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

You will not be able to sort this out until after you return to Canada

This is the process http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...des/5445E3.asp

Last edited by britsnake; Mar 22nd 2011 at 7:04 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 7:51 am
Just Joined

JCandPJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much, this has taken such a weight of our minds, I can't tell you.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

I am not sure I agree. You do not need to apply for a new PR card. You need to figure out why they did not send the original one.

You should do this by calling the Canadian call centre. Try a different phone or try calling using Skype. Or call the immigration office at the airport where you landed.

You should be able to do this from the UK.

History: My wife and daughter did landing three days apart. Wife's card came fine, daughter's did not. We talked with the local immigration office. They did some investigating and said that the people who processes the cards did not have the delivery address. That is in spite of it being in the computer systems and printed on the COPR. Two weeks later it arrived.

Last edited by bewillow; Mar 23rd 2011 at 2:52 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

I agree that you will need to call the call center first to find out why your PR card did not come through, but I do not believe that you will be able to call them from outside Canada.

The advice to call the immigration office where you landed is worth a try and may generate a positive result. Once they find out you are not in Canada, they may well be less helpful.

The bottom line is that you do not need to worry.