Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spouse inland PR, 90days notification?

Wikiposts

Spouse inland PR, 90days notification?

Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Spouse inland PR, 90days notification?

I have just got off the phone from CIC where a recorded message has informed me that 90 days after receiving my application CIC will send notification to me by mail and at that time i *might* be able to apply for a work permit..?

has this happened to anyone..??? as all i seem to read on here is that CIC will NOT even be opening my application for months and months yet..maybe even 6 months or so...????

would love to hear from someone if this did indeed happen for them......

CIC ..bring it on! i am ready.... *VBS*~
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Spouse inland PR, 90days notification?

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
I have just got off the phone from CIC where a recorded message has informed me that 90 days after receiving my application CIC will send notification to me by mail and at that time i *might* be able to apply for a work permit..?

has this happened to anyone..??? as all i seem to read on here is that CIC will NOT even be opening my application for months and months yet..maybe even 6 months or so...????

would love to hear from someone if this did indeed happen for them......

CIC ..bring it on! i am ready.... *VBS*~
UPDATE: have now just spoken with a CIC officer who tells me the recording is INCORRECT and that they will be fixing it as it is 6-7 months before first notification is sent.......

BE still my heart....

OH but the good news is...she also tells me that....visiting with the elderly in a retirement home as a volunteer is OK~!.......this is with a not for profit organisation and they have ongoing volunteer programs happening! i am also able to assist them with knitting and craft activities...THANK GODDESS for that!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

fire is an unknown quantity at this point

UPDATE: have now just spoken with a CIC officer who tells me the recording is INCORRECT and that they will be fixing it as it is 6-7 months before first notification is sent.......

BE still my heart....

OH but the good news is...she also tells me that....visiting with the elderly in a retirement home as a volunteer is OK~!.......this is with a not for profit organisation and they have ongoing volunteer programs happening! i am also able to assist them with knitting and craft activities...THANK GODDESS for that!
Hello Again ML
we sent our application April 30th and they've sent us the visa extension 48 days later , we are still waiting for the AIP,as per CIC web site they are working on the files sent on the 24th of January and It hasn't been updated since 4 weeks ,I guess seniors will have quite few volunteers to help them this summer

Last edited by fire; Aug 12th 2005 at 5:28 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fire
Hello Again ML
we sent our application April 30th and they've sent us the visa extension 48 days later , we are still waiting for the AIP,as per CIC web site they are working on the files sent on the 24th of January and It hasn't been updated since 4 weeks ,I guess seniors will have quite few volunteers to help them this summer
LOL~ yes i guess so~
Old Aug 13th 2005, 7:11 am
Just Joined

grantjen is an unknown quantity at this point

I spoke to the call centre (not the recording) and they told me on Monday that they still would be giving notice in 90 days. Now you say you were told differently!! AHHHH!!! These are such frustrating things! I will call Monday morning and get more information.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by grantjen
I spoke to the call centre (not the recording) and they told me on Monday that they still would be giving notice in 90 days. Now you say you were told differently!! AHHHH!!! These are such frustrating things! I will call Monday morning and get more information.
well what i can tell you is that *everyone* i know from this site......not one of them received the 90 day notification.
I am sticking with what i know..and if anything shows up before the 6-7 months! it is a bonus...........

what is your timeline...?
Old Aug 14th 2005, 4:00 pm
Remya

I had to call to ask about something the other day and they told me too that the 90 day thing when applying from inland is totally incorrect. They should fix it straight away, IMO, but that's the CIC for ya! I did actually get something just after 90 days but that's 'cause my application got sent to Quebec. The whole thing about not hearing anything for 6-7 months is normal, unfortunately!

- Remya, also waiting and waiting (not so patiently) for inland PR...

Old Aug 15th 2005, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

fire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Remya
I had to call to ask about something the other day and they told me too that the 90 day thing when applying from inland is totally incorrect. They should fix it straight away, IMO, but that's the CIC for ya! I did actually get something just after 90 days but that's 'cause my application got sent to Quebec. The whole thing about not hearing anything for 6-7 months is normal, unfortunately!

- Remya, also waiting and waiting (not so patiently) for inland PR...
when we first applied (end of April), it was 5-6 months only and now it just can stop increasing :scared:

Last edited by fire; Aug 15th 2005 at 4:45 am.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 3:29 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Maple /Leaf..... great news, ups and downs but mainly ups huh ?

Glad to hear about the voluntering, that will keep you busy. Can I please place an order for a tall necked jumper in brown, XL size, nothing too baggy tho, and nice merino wool would be good, nothing too scratchy I will pay top dollar in readiness for deepest winter

Oh and the OK forum is still bust I see. Waiting patiently for your road trip tales.

Rich.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 12:17 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rich_007

Glad to hear about the voluntering, that will keep you busy. Can I please place an order for a tall necked jumper in brown, XL size, nothing too baggy tho, and nice merino wool would be good, nothing too scratchyI will pay top dollar in readiness for deepest winter

Rich.
With a big moose head on the front
Old Aug 15th 2005, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rich_007

Glad to hear about the voluntering, that will keep you busy. Can I please place an order for a tall necked jumper in brown, XL size, nothing too baggy tho, and nice merino wool would be good, nothing too scratchy I will pay top dollar in readiness for deepest winter

Oh and the OK forum is still bust I see. Waiting patiently for your road trip tales.

Rich.
hahahaa will do but it will be a freebie..cos i am NOT allowed to be *working* remember...hehehhehehe...
and hey good to see you!..i have no clue what is happening at OK...maybe they pulled the plug...i was enjoying it..as i know you and the others were too..hmmmmmm
anyways....i might write something about my little venture and put it into articles section here.....
and just to keep the inspiration going..i have not long got back from watching the sun settle over the mountains as i was swimming in the lake...absolutely beautiful!!!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mhhp
With a big moose head on the front
you is such a cheeky one...heheheeee
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:26 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

you is such a cheeky one...heheheeee
Just making sure we go down IN STYLE,