Spouse and dependants

Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:34 am
Just Joined

CraneOperator is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse and dependants

Hi was hoping someone might be ale to help. I am currently in Vancouver. I received an LMO and obtained my work permit at point of entry. My wife and kids are still at one in Northern Ireland but I am hoping to get them over here ASAP.

My wife has been researching open work permits etc. I had understood that she would be ale to obtain an open work permit at point of entry also, provided that she had a copy of my work permit and LMO. Although from checking online it seems that she will have to apply for the work permit before she leaves. She will also have to apply for a study permit for my 6 year old. My other child is 2.

Has anyone been through all this already? Is this the way it needs to be done? Well my 2 year old be able to come over without obtaining any sort of visa?

I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me any information. Thanks
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse and dependants

Originally Posted by CraneOperator
Hi was hoping someone might be ale to help. I am currently in Vancouver. I received an LMO and obtained my work permit at point of entry. My wife and kids are still at one in Northern Ireland but I am hoping to get them over here ASAP.

My wife has been researching open work permits etc. I had understood that she would be ale to obtain an open work permit at point of entry also, provided that she had a copy of my work permit and LMO. Although from checking online it seems that she will have to apply for the work permit before she leaves. She will also have to apply for a study permit for my 6 year old. My other child is 2.

Has anyone been through all this already? Is this the way it needs to be done? Well my 2 year old be able to come over without obtaining any sort of visa?

I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me any information. Thanks
If your job falls in NOC Category O, A or B on the NOC matrix then she can apply for a spousal open work permit. Providing she is looking for work in a job that doesnt require a medical then she can apply for a work permit at a port of entry. If your NOC code is 7371 then she is eligible to apply for one.
She will need a copy of your work permit and possibly proof of marriage and pay the $150 fee for the work permit. Kids will be given visitor records or added to one of the work permits and will be able to attend school.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If your job falls in NOC Category O, A or B on the NOC matrix then she can apply for a spousal open work permit. Providing she is looking for work in a job that doesnt require a medical then she can apply for a work permit at a port of entry. If your NOC code is 7371 then she is eligible to apply for one.
She will need a copy of your work permit and possibly proof of marriage and pay the $150 fee for the work permit. Kids will be given visitor records or added to one of the work permits and will be able to attend school.
Thanks I will check my work permit. Have you been through this process yourself?
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I will check my work permit. Have you been through this process yourself?
Everyday, I work for CBSA at a POE
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:08 am
Just Joined

Everyday, I work for CBSA at a POE
You definitely know what you are talking about then
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You definitely know what you are talking about then
Not always Im pretty sure your NOC code is 7371 skill level B so she should be eligible to apply at the POE providing not inadmissible.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Not always Im pretty sure your NOC code is 7371 skill level B so she should be eligible to apply at the POE providing not inadmissible.
Lol!

Thanks so much for your help. It's greatly appreciated