Wikiposts

Spouse with current DUI

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Newbie Poster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse with current DUI

Hi

I know that a DUI is inadmissable until the 5 years and rehab has been granted, from reading the website. This is my question if anyone has an opinion we would welcome it.

I have a job offer from a City in Canada, (Alberta) this would be employed by the City directly on a TWP until applying for PR probably through the PNP route. My wife unfortunatley has a current 15 month DUI ban here in the UK, I am not going to make excuses and would ask that people respect this and treat this matter as the original question below which is:

I have read of a compasionate reason to grant a temporary residence permit to allow people that are not deemed rehabilitated to enter Canada, I am wondering if this could be possible?, I can obtain a letter from the City to submit to Immigration Canada as well as character references from a very high serving member in the UK CID (Police), Doctors and the local member of parliment.....

All opinions welcome please, we have no other convictions between us, have visited Canada on many occasions and until this incident were "model immigrants" - on paper anyway.

Thank you in advance, great forum!

Last edited by Newbie Poster; Apr 22nd 2010 at 6:36 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:59 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse with current DUI

Hi

Originally Posted by Newbie Poster
Hi

I know that a DUI is inadmissable until the 5 years and rehab has been granted, from reading the website. This is my question if anyone has an opinion we would welcome it.

I have a job offer from a City in Canada, (Alberta) this would be employed by the City directly on a TWP until applying for PR probably through the PNP route. My wife unfortunatley has a current 15 month DUI ban here in the UK, I am not going to make excuses and would ask that people respect this and treat this matter as the original question below which is:

I have read of a compasionate reason to grant a temporary residence permit to allow people that are not deemed rehabilitated to enter Canada, I am wondering if this could be possible?, I can obtain a letter from the City to submit to Immigration Canada as well as character references from a very high serving member in the UK CID (Police), Doctors and the local member of parliment.....

All opinions welcome please, we have no other convictions between us, have visited Canada on many occasions and until this incident were "model immigrants" - on paper anyway.

Thank you in advance, great forum!
1. Your spouse would have to include an application for a TRP with your request for a work permit. The information is here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...s/e_trpapp.pdf
2. The information on TRPs is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resour...p/op20-eng.pdf
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:08 am
Just Joined

Thanks PMM , have you an opinion if this could be succesfull??. I read your posts and guess you are the resident "person in the know".

Thanks Again.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 2:06 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Newbie Poster
Thanks PMM , have you an opinion if this could be succesfull??. I read your posts and guess you are the resident "person in the know".

Thanks Again.
Actually a bit of a coin flip, as the DUI was pretty reason it appears.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks PMM, lets just see how we go then!