Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

spouse/ common law visa processing times

spouse/ common law visa processing times

Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute
Default spouse/ common law visa processing times

Anyone have a recent timeline on this from when application was received in London.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:36 am
Just Joined

milogang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spouse/ common law visa processing times

Hi,

The London office received our paperwork in late June, we then received the passposrt request in mid August, so it took the London office approx. 6 weeks to process the application.

I now have my visa and will be heading off to Toronto in December.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that !!!!

Hoping to Validate my visa, Feb 18th .... My Birthday, so there is hope !
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
Thanks for that !!!!

Hoping to Validate my visa, Feb 18th .... My Birthday, so there is hope !
great thread!!My application has been in London for a little over 5 weeks...so i'm desperately hoping I hear something soon!!!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:11 am
Just Joined

backhome is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
Wow that seems really fast!! We are just getting to the stage where we will submit our application, likely mid Nov-begin of Dec. We were actually really shocked when our FBI background check came back in 4 weeks (we were expecting months)! Does anyone know how long they are valid for???

If we submit around that time any idea of likely timescales-April/May??
Thanks and good luck to everyone! Glad to see how quick things are moving at the moment.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Scots-Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: spouse/ common law visa processing times

Hi guys ,i'm new to the forum.
My good lady and myself have applied for PR for Canada the application and the payment has been with the London office for about a month,can anyone give me a clue how long it takes for them to get the ball rolling,we applied using the simplified application process.

Dave
Old Oct 21st 2007, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

hi ~ fast timelines happening!! that is fantastic.

here is a link to the CIC processing time lines...however keep in mind they do change quite often...

OUT of Canada applications

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...fc-spouses.asp

In Canada applications.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...sp#sponsorship

i do notice that top link is to CIC site that gives timelines up till June/July of this year only. i spose that is because they process a lot faster than inland applicants.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

vauxhall man is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone just a quick question my spouse submitted an application for PR last march at missisaga and they transfered the file to london in april but we haven't heard anything untill now... does the timeline sound right??

Thanks alot
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seems within their times, maybe a little longer than most, which I believe takes around 6 months from submission.

It also looks as if they have picked up speed recently in the processing of applications.

Have you been approved?

Rob
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Cheers Rob for dat quick response.. yea its been approved within 2 days of submission in missisagua that was march 20 but when i seen the report about how long it took for some of d people in dis forum i thought my be there's something wrong... but another question though i'm in calgary right now and my wife is working so if i want to get a work permit what do i have to do??

Thanks again
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by vauxhall man
Cheers Rob for dat quick response.. yea its been approved within 2 days of submission in missisagua that was march 20 but when i seen the report about how long it took for some of d people in dis forum i thought my be there's something wrong... but another question though i'm in calgary right now and my wife is working so if i want to get a work permit what do i have to do??

Thanks again
who is the applicant..?? your post isnt' very clear.

are you the applicant..? if so..when you get your PR you dont' need a work permit. You get your PR card..then go get your SIN# then start work.

6 mths timeline is about average which puts you on par with it all..congrats~
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 4:09 am
Just Joined

hey maple leaf whazup... sorry wasn't clear upthere about who is the applicant anyway i'm the applicant and wife is sponsoring me and what i wanted to know was that i'm waiting to hear from the london visa office for the PR approval but seems like they are taking long so i thought may be i'll apply for work permit while i'm here in calgary..
thanks man