Wikiposts

spouse cant support :((

Old May 20th 2007, 4:07 am
Just Joined

blessed1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouse cant support :((

Hello!

My spouse recently applied for my immigration. He is a canadian PR. We are still waiting for my interview call, ie we are still 'in process'. What bothering us these days is that he is having issues at work. He might loose his job. That would mean he wont be able to support me financially, which he took an oath for. So we are really worried what will happen if he cant support me. Will the immigration process stop? Can anyone else from his family, like his dad, take the sponsorship? I was thinking, what if he can manage something till i land in Canada, and after i get my PR, tht would be a safer way??

Please help!
Old May 20th 2007, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spouse cant support :((

There isn't a financial requirement for spousal sponsorship, don't worry. I sponsored my OH and put "nil" in the income box, all was well.

Originally Posted by blessed1
Hello!

My spouse recently applied for my immigration. He is a canadian PR. We are still waiting for my interview call, ie we are still 'in process'. What bothering us these days is that he is having issues at work. He might loose his job. That would mean he wont be able to support me financially, which he took an oath for. So we are really worried what will happen if he cant support me. Will the immigration process stop? Can anyone else from his family, like his dad, take the sponsorship? I was thinking, what if he can manage something till i land in Canada, and after i get my PR, tht would be a safer way??

Please help!
Old May 20th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
There isn't a financial requirement for spousal sponsorship, don't worry. I sponsored my OH and put "nil" in the income box, all was well.
if i am correct, u are a citizen and was one too when the sponsorship was done. The Spouse of OP is a PR. would that make a difference?
Old May 20th 2007, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

eyad is an unknown quantity at this point

pls reconsider your answer cause i think it is essential!!!
Old May 20th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

biiiiink is 100% right eyad......there is no requirement to prove funds,believe me,i have a copr which does not ask for any proof of funds.so there is no need to reconsider an answer
Old May 20th 2007, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blessed1
Hello!

Please help!
Seems to me you are talking about a lot of *IFs..?

When you put your application in ...he was working and able to show he was able to support you. Once that is shown and proven and he is accepted as being able to sponsor you it doesn't matter what happens down the track. Yes he still has his obligations but, you will have your PR and he could stop working all together and you can be the main bread winner! .....all CIC want to see is that you have shelter and basic human needs are able to be looked after. there is no minimum income level to sponsor your spouse in canada. Which is a HUGE bonus because other countries like australia are very strict about it. one has to be earning X amount of $ per year plus additional if there is children involved. So aren't we lucky here..???
Old May 21st 2007, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
if i am correct, u are a citizen and was one too when the sponsorship was done. The Spouse of OP is a PR. would that make a difference?
You're right, I was a citizen but as far as I'm aware, the only difference between citizens and PRs for sponsorship is that citizens can sponsor from abroad, PRs must be in Canada to do it. No financial difference, the minimum income requirement is waived for spouses/partners and children of both afaik.

Edit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica...html#wp1015640

You will have to provide us with documents that show your financial resources for the past 12 months and prove you are financially able to sponsor members of the family class. You may solicit the help of a co-signer (must be your spouse or common-law partner)....

This condition does not apply if you are sponsoring only:
your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no dependent children, or
your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose dependent children have no children of their own, or
your dependent child who has no children of his or her own.

Last edited by Biiiiink; May 21st 2007 at 4:53 am. Reason: Added link
Old May 21st 2007, 6:04 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You're right, I was a citizen but as far as I'm aware, the only difference between citizens and PRs for sponsorship is that citizens can sponsor from abroad, PRs must be in Canada to do it. No financial difference, the minimum income requirement is waived for spouses/partners and children of both afaik.

Edit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica...html#wp1015640

You will have to provide us with documents that show your financial resources for the past 12 months and prove you are financially able to sponsor members of the family class. You may solicit the help of a co-signer (must be your spouse or common-law partner)....

This condition does not apply if you are sponsoring only:
your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no dependent children, or
your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose dependent children have no children of their own, or
your dependent child who has no children of his or her own.
You should know that a few spousal applications have been refused on the basis of 39 of the Act.

"

Financial reasons

39. A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made."
Old May 21st 2007, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

blessed1 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you all so much for ur replies!!