Spousal WP landing after OH

Old Jun 6th 2011, 7:33 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spousal WP landing after OH

Does anyone have any experience to help me?
My husband has been in Canada since August last year. He got his TWP at POE without a problem. The idea was that I would follow whenever seemed appropriate - preferably when we had PR, but that seems to be stalled at the moment, so we are bringing my arrival forward.
I had planned to go over and get my Spousal WP at POE, which didn't seem to be a problem when he first left, but I couldn't go with him then because of our pets and the house and various other personal matters.
Now my husband is renewing his TWP and asked CIC what I should do at POE about my WP if his has expired and he is working on implied status while they process it. (It is taking a ridiculously long time at the moment.)
The representative at CIC has told my husband that I have to travel to Canada before he renews his TWP (which he will set in motion in mid-August), enter as a visitor and then we have to apply together for his renewal and my Open WP. It will be both expensive and maybe impossible for me to do that, as I need to sell the house before I go and mid-August would be pushing it to get everything sorted for me to leave.
I cannot see why I would have to be there to apply for a Spousal WP when I could have gone with him in the first place and got mine at POE when he did. I can't see why I can't just go to POE and present his TWP and LMO copies and our marriage certificate and say I am coming to get my OWP as his Spouse.
We have had so much conflicting advice when telephoning Canadian authorities - banks, CIO, CIC and HRSDC, that I don't trust one telephone call any more.
Does anyone know if this advice is true or not?