Spousal Work Permit

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Ed_and_Karen is on a distinguished road
Default Spousal Work Permit

Hi folks,

The CIC website states that, as long as as couple of conditions are met (which they are), my spouse "may apply for a work permit which is “open� and will allow them to accept any job depending on whether or not a medical exam was taken."

Can anyone advise me please how I should apply for this "open" work permit? What form(s) do I need to fill in? Where should I submit the completed form (London, since we are from the UK or Canada, since we are here)? What fees apply and how long does it take to process?

Many thanks,
Ed,
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 3:57 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Work Permit

You would aply to CPC Vegreville and the information is on the CICs website along with the forms needed to complete and guides as to how to make the application.

Originally Posted by Ed_and_Karen
Hi folks,

The CIC website states that, as long as as couple of conditions are met (which they are), my spouse "may apply for a work permit which is “open� and will allow them to accept any job depending on whether or not a medical exam was taken."

Can anyone advise me please how I should apply for this "open" work permit? What form(s) do I need to fill in? Where should I submit the completed form (London, since we are from the UK or Canada, since we are here)? What fees apply and how long does it take to process?

Many thanks,
Ed,
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You would aply to CPC Vegreville and the information is on the CICs website along with the forms needed to complete and guides as to how to make the application.
Thank you Mr. Humphries. I did look on the CIC site but obviously missed it. I'll dig around again!

Ed.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:21 am
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough

Thank you Mr. Humphries. I did look on the CIC site but obviously missed it. I'll dig around again!

Ed.
Mr Humphries and Ed and Karen, I have looked for such information on the CIC web site without success. Can you please be more specific as to which section an 'open work permit' for spousal applications is in. I am waiting in Canada for my PR (family class - common law partner) and I only have visitor status, I would absolutely love to be working on an open work permit for the duration of this time consuming process.

Regards,
Ozinca
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:22 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Try the "Applicationos and Forms" button at the top of the English opening page.

Ed.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:26 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ozinca

Originally Posted by ozinca
Mr Humphries and Ed and Karen, I have looked for such information on the CIC web site without success. Can you please be more specific as to which section an 'open work permit' for spousal applications is in. I am waiting in Canada for my PR (family class - common law partner) and I only have visitor status, I would absolutely love to be working on an open work permit for the duration of this time consuming process.

Regards,
Ozinca
You are not eligible for an open work permit until your receive your A.I.P. (Approval in Principal).

PMM
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:37 am
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Ozinca

You are not eligible for an open work permit until your receive your A.I.P. (Approval in Principal).

PMM
Thank you PMM, I was about to get really angry with myself if I had been able to work all this time. You have cleared this one up.

Ozinca
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Is it IMM1249 'Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada'?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica...html#wp1024643

The section on Spousal Work Permits (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/worker-4.html ) doesn't mention the forms at all. The guide for the above form mentions that spouses may apply for a work permit from within Canada (page 7). Unfortunately, the bit that says 'refer to our website for more information' just goes back to the bit on spousal work permits - which doesn't give much information!