Spousal Work Permit

Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

RIDD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Work Permit

Good Afternoon

Can anyone enlighten me on the following please??

I have been offered a position with a company in Saskatoon of a Proffesional Transport Operator (Truck Driver) for short. I have been told my partner cannot apply for a work permit as the NOC classification is not in the ) O/A/B Bracket, I have also heard that the Goverment is planning to change this to allow spouses to work on an open permit??

Has anyone heard of this please??

Thanks in advance!!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:33 am
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spousal Work Permit

I have not heard of an open work permit for spouses during the PR application. It would be the BEST IDEA ever if this were to happen but I doubt it will, at least not in our PR application lifetime.

Originally posted by RIDD
Good Afternoon

Can anyone enlighten me on the following please??

I have been offered a position with a company in Saskatoon of a Proffesional Transport Operator (Truck Driver) for short. I have been told my partner cannot apply for a work permit as the NOC classification is not in the ) O/A/B Bracket, I have also heard that the Goverment is planning to change this to allow spouses to work on an open permit??

Has anyone heard of this please??

Thanks in advance!!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

RIDD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal Work Permit

Originally posted by ozinca
I have not heard of an open work permit for spouses during the PR application. It would be the BEST IDEA ever if this were to happen but I doubt it will, at least not in our PR application lifetime.
Sorry I only put half the information I should have, I am going on a temporary work permit then all things fair through the Provincial Nominee Program and the information I was told refers to this style of application as in they are looking at if you have an offer of employment and a permit they are considering offering you other half one!

Sorry to be misleading......