Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal Visa Rejected in New Delhi,INDIA Sept'09

Spousal Visa Rejected in New Delhi,INDIA Sept'09

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:44 am
Just Joined

Anees is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Visa Rejected in New Delhi,INDIA Sept'09

My Spousal Visa was rejected in Sept'09, my wife was with me at the time of interview and she was interviewed aswell. The councillor was quiet rude to both me and my wife even after we providing her with so much evidence she rejected my application. We appealed through in Oct'09 my wife went back to toronto in decmber and she recived a letter saying our appeal has been recived and it will take approx 120 days for them to get our file from the minister's council in new delhi. My wife made a few call in Jan '10 to the local office in toronto and she was told that after they recieve the file it can take upto 3-4 months for them to give us a hearing date if its a an hour or half day hearing otherwise it could take upto 10 months to get a date for a full hearing . Please can anyone guide me on how to speed up the process . Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:24 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Visa Rejected in New Delhi,INDIA Sept'09

Hi

Originally Posted by Anees
My Spousal Visa was rejected in Sept'09, my wife was with me at the time of interview and she was interviewed aswell. The councillor was quiet rude to both me and my wife even after we providing her with so much evidence she rejected my application. We appealed through in Oct'09 my wife went back to toronto in decmber and she recived a letter saying our appeal has been recived and it will take approx 120 days for them to get our file from the minister's council in new delhi. My wife made a few call in Jan '10 to the local office in toronto and she was told that after they recieve the file it can take upto 3-4 months for them to give us a hearing date if its a an hour or half day hearing otherwise it could take upto 10 months to get a date for a full hearing . Please can anyone guide me on how to speed up the process . Thanks
1. You can't. The appeal will either go to an ADR( Alternate Dispute Resolution) or a full hearing at the Immigration Appeal Division. The time frame that you were give was pretty optimistic, closer to 16 months for a full appeal in Toronto. See: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/eng/tribun...ges/index.aspx