Spousal Visa Questions

Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Visa Questions

Originally Posted by nm2013
what is cpc m
Have you actually read the Guide?

It's the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, where you'll send your application to (they'll then forward it on to the London visa office once your spouse has been approved as a sponsor, for the remainder of the processing).
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

nm2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

how do they know this is the outland application???

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

am i missing something as can't see where it say's its the outland one

many thanks again for all the answers
Old Jan 31st 2013, 1:02 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nm2013
how do they know this is the outland application???

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

am i missing something as can't see where it say's its the outland one

many thanks again for all the answers
From this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ions/index.asp

There are two sections, one says "from inside Canada" (inland application), the other says "from outside Canada" (outland application).
Old Jan 31st 2013, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What a great way to say 'oh gosh, apologies for giving out incorrect info'.

That paragraph is referring to all sorts of different sponsorship scenarios, and so is just a general overview.

If you want to get specific, then you could look at page 6 of the guide which says "income requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application" or the Regulations which say "Exception to minimum necessary income:

(4) Paragraph (1)(j) does not apply if the sponsored person is
(a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner and has no dependent children;
(b) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner and has a dependent child who has no dependent children; or
(c) a dependent child of the sponsor who has no dependent children or a person referred to in paragraph 117(1)(g)"

Or perhaps the Financial Evaluation bit of the Sponsors guide which says "If you are sponsoring a person other than your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no family members, or your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has dependent children who have no dependent children of their own blah blah"
Why the need for an apology? I agree the link just gives a general overview and that you are correct in quoting the specific exemption. If I want to get specific perhaps the person being sponsored isnt eligible to be sponsored as they have not indicated in their posts that they meet all the requirements to be sponsored
Applicants for permanent residence must go through medical, criminal and background screening. Applicants with a criminal record may not be allowed to enter Canada. People who pose a risk to Canada’s security are also not allowed to enter Canada. Applicants may have to provide a certificate from police authorities in their home country. The Sponsor’s Guide for Family Class explains medical, criminal and background checks.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-apply-who.asp
I gave them some info and is now incumbent upon them to ensure that they meet the requirements rather than relying 100% of answers given on this site.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

thousandtrees is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Worth pointing out that hte processing time for London - the 9 months is the processing time for 80% of applications. If you have a straight forward case (no extenuating circumstances, no kiddies, lived in only 1-2-3 countries, etc) then you can expect processing time to probably be closer to 3-4 months.

Have a look at this spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...thkey=CJyi-IYE, gives a pretty clear idea of average processing times for Outland via London.
This. I don't know who is responsible for this spreadsheet but SWEET JESUS is that ever interesting/uplifting/wonderful. A million and one thanks to whoever is the creator of this work of genius.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 1:39 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thousandtrees
This. I don't know who is responsible for this spreadsheet but SWEET JESUS is that ever interesting/uplifting/wonderful. A million and one thanks to whoever is the creator of this work of genius.
Hahah I agree, I found it really useful when I was waiting. You can have a look at people who are "around" your timeline - if none of them have heard then you know not to panic. If ALL of them have heard then, well, panic. It's a great indication and a billion times more useful than ECAS (which I hate for that reason).

Credit where credit is due, it was started by PinkLady over at canadavisa.com, but she recently opened it up so you can just go ahead and add yourself, it's generally maintained by the group as a whole now, I think so many people wanted to be added that she found it too hard to manually update it herself all the time, so now it's just an open spreadsheet and everyone updates their own line as required.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

thousandtrees is an unknown quantity at this point

Hahah I agree, I found it really useful when I was waiting. You can have a look at people who are "around" your timeline - if none of them have heard then you know not to panic. If ALL of them have heard then, well, panic. It's a great indication and a billion times more useful than ECAS (which I hate for that reason).

Credit where credit is due, it was started by PinkLady over at canadavisa.com, but she recently opened it up so you can just go ahead and add yourself, it's generally maintained by the group as a whole now, I think so many people wanted to be added that she found it too hard to manually update it herself all the time, so now it's just an open spreadsheet and everyone updates their own line as required.
I'd love to see some further metrics measured with it, like what time of year is best/worst to apply at (cursory glance tells me that summer applications take the longest to get through CPC-M), and whether common-law takes longer than married or various other factors that might affect your timeline.

/statsdork
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:00 pm
Concierge

If you scroll to the bottom of that spreadsheet there are some fun stats graphs there - just add your own underneath! I would be curious as well!

I think the quickest applications are the ones sent at the end of the summer as most of them seem to finish around Christmas, then everything sent in January just takes AAAAAAAGES. When I sent my app, which was sent 25 Jan, it took 3 months to get sponsor approval and then an additional 2 to get PPR... that seemed longer than the averages that were happening just a few months before!

That said the people who applied in the summer seem to be waiting ages...
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:18 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm only guessing - when I read the original question it sounded like "What is the minimum income required", which usually means that the answer is "You have to have at least $15,000 to sponsor", and THAT isn't correct.

You could be a stay-at-home husband/wife and be sponsoring your partner, so you have no "income", but you could have a decent amount in your savings and thus you get approved as the sponsor...

Basically just don't be on welfare, and don't have sponsored someone in the past who claimed welfare, and it should be fine.

My wife is still a student and doesn't earn $15k. Got approved with no hassle as spouses are exempt from the income requirement. In fact, if the relationship is legit, it seems you're exempted from just about everything lol.

All they (CIC) needed was an Option C printout from CRA which I believe basically tells them she isn't claiming welfare or disability.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I gave them some info and is now incumbent upon them to ensure that they meet the requirements rather than relying 100% of answers given on this site.
Yes, but you specificaly asked the OP 'Does your wife meet the minimum income to sponsor?', which has absolutely no relevance in a spousal sponsorship case and has only confused him further.

It helps nobody to give info that isn't relevant or that you've just copied and posting from the CIC website without understanding it.