Spousal visa (inland) - timeline

Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

danniimazz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Spousal visa (inland) - timeline

Hi there, I have made a few posts on here and found everyone to be very well informed and very supportive. I am wondering if there is anyone on here right now in a similar situation to me...

Me and my wife applied for PR back in early Dec 2009. We applied via the inland route, as I didn't want to chance being called back to the UK for an interview and having to spend over $1000 on plane tickets! Has anyone else done this?

Anyway we're waiting (impatiently!) for a response from CIC. The processing time is currently 38 days for the sponsorship part (so I'm assuming they've done that bit now) - would we have heard if they didn't approve my wife as a sponsor? Should we assume that she's eligible to sponsor me?

The processing time is 6 months for the PR application part for me. Has anyone ever done this and had AIP before/after 6 months? I just want a rough idea of when we'll hear anything at all!

I don't mind how long it takes for the whole process (as in getting the actual papers). I just want to be able to have OHIP and an open work permit!

I wish CIC would communicate more with applicants, like send a letter out when a sponsor is approved, just so we're not sat biting our nails!

Thanks in advance for any advice you give me, I'm really grateful and happy to chat with people in the same boat
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Spousal visa (inland) - timeline

for starters, ok

In-Land application - 1st stage of approval is 5-6 months presently not 38 days..

You being a Uk citizen or yr spouse it would have taken u the same time ie 2 - 8 months to get the whole process done PR.. 99.9% UK oultand interview is waived and all u could have done was flagepole once PR was granted, so u could have been in Canada and still done the application Outland. well that is not the case.

In-land = 1st stage of approval is 5-6 months and it is after this stage that u can apply for OWP- Open Work Permit and OHIP..

CIC will send u a letter after 5-6 months, so now u have no choice but to wait.

I hope this helps ...

good luck
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bflava
You being a Uk citizen or yr spouse it would have taken u the same time ie 2 - 8 months to get the whole process done PR..
Seems to be at the forward end of that timescale at the moment, somebody today posted that they'd got PR after less than 2 months! Most seem to be taking 3 months at most at the moment, just for the benefit of anybody reading.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

danniimazz is an unknown quantity at this point

Ever since we did the inland application, I've regretted it! I just didn't know any better at the time. I wish we'd applied outland instead but there isn't much I can do about it now, so I just have to make the best of it I guess

I don't suppose there's a way of discarding my inland application and starting again?!