Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

spousal sponsorship....stressed out a bit

spousal sponsorship....stressed out a bit

Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future
Default spousal sponsorship....stressed out a bit

so, im still trying to fill these forms in and im getting a bit stressed out.

question,

should i change my name on my passport before i send my application off so i have my new name, and a longer passport date as myn runs out in 2013, plus if or when the application gets processes i will have my new passport for the PR to go in does that matter?

The financial is based on 1 jan 2009 - 1 jan 2010, but i havent sent the application off and if i chnage my passport thats another 2 weeks, will this matter?

anything else i should know about?

good or bad thing, as i got married on 19th dec, and applying like asap will that be a good or bad thing? i know you cant really answer that but thought i would ask.

anyways, am super stressed out and just want to hear something good.

louise
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:57 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spousal sponsorship....stressed out a bit

Originally Posted by louiseeg
so, im still trying to fill these forms in and im getting a bit stressed out.

question,

should i change my name on my passport before i send my application off so i have my new name, and a longer passport date as myn runs out in 2013, plus if or when the application gets processes i will have my new passport for the PR to go in does that matter?
Your PR doesn't stay in your passport so it doesn't make a difference. If you do change your name once you have landed i guess you'd have to get a new PR card. The latter would be your only difference i guess. I'd personally change your name now and get a new passport just to get it over and done with if you're not in a huge rush to complete everything.

The financial is based on 1 jan 2009 - 1 jan 2010, but i havent sent the application off and if i chnage my passport thats another 2 weeks, will this matter?
Not sure what you mean by "financial" in this paragraph.

anything else i should know about?
Yes, relax. It's not as bad as you think

good or bad thing, as i got married on 19th dec, and applying like asap will that be a good or bad thing? i know you cant really answer that but thought i would ask.
I doubt it will be seen as a bad thing. You're legally married so that's that. Worse case scenario, they'll call you for an interview to verify a few things.

anyways, am super stressed out and just want to hear something good.
I just got a 25% £ rate increase and a new contract at work
Old Jan 30th 2010, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

hey, congrats on the 25% ha ha..

um i have been changing some things and my paper work i have put my new name on all the application, its just on my passport i havent changed it yet, so do you think that would matter?

thank you for your reply
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

oh and the financial bit, is with what my husband has shown to support me. so hes done it from 1 jan 09 - 1 jan 10, i was wondering if i send the application off after i get my passport done, will they think i should have changed the financial evaluation form so its up to date with when i send all the forms off?\

does that make sense?
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:02 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

hey, congrats on the 25% ha ha..

um i have been changing some things and my paper work i have put my new name on all the application, its just on my passport i havent changed it yet, so do you think that would matter?

thank you for your reply
Hopefully somebody will be along who's qualified to answer correctly but i would assume your application (and proceeding PR documentation) should match your passport.

So i personally would send my passport to be updated and pay for a quick turnaround if possible to avoid any potential issues.

Only my opinion though.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:04 pm
Beep

oh and the financial bit, is with what my husband has shown to support me. so hes done it from 1 jan 09 - 1 jan 10, i was wondering if i send the application off after i get my passport done, will they think i should have changed the financial evaluation form so its up to date with when i send all the forms off?\

does that make sense?
Sorry, i'm not really sure about that. We didn't send any financial information off. Only a covering letter explaining why my wife (sponsor) is not providing any Canadian tax information due to her not living or working in the country for x number of years. Other than that we supplied nothing related to finances.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

yeah thats what im thinking now, i dont want them to be like, well it doesnt match up and give me any issues.

thank you for you opinion.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

the sponsorship evaluation, is what im talking about, did you not have to do that then to show the support for 12 months?

sorry i should have said that in the first place. i can be quite confusing sometimes.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:18 pm
Beep

the sponsorship evaluation, is what im talking about, did you not have to do that then to show the support for 12 months?

sorry i should have said that in the first place. i can be quite confusing sometimes.
No i don't think you need to show financial support info if you're married. So not sure you need to worry about this.

We didn't.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

oh right how odd, its in the information pack bit on the cic spousal application. i wonder why you guys didnt have to do it?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

not 100% sure, but I think the financial statement only comes into it if your spouse is resident in Canada at the time of application.

My husband is canadian, but living here, so we don't have to do one for our application.

I am watching your progress closely - as we will be doing all the panicking in a few months time........

Caleo
Old Jan 31st 2010, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

paulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to all

It doesn't seem to matter when you got married. My wife and I only met in July on line and married in November, our application went straight through in 64 days.

She changed her name on her passport before we processed the application. Don't know what nationality you are, she's Canadian and was able to pay for a new passport the same day.

With regards to the form filling, simply take your time and make sure you answer everything correctly and leave no blank spaces. Give full answer to questions like "How did you meet" or "Maintaining contact" (even if it does turn into a long essay) and have the evidence to back it up and you will be fine.

Regards

Paul
Old Jan 31st 2010, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

oh wow, thats crazy how fast that went through.

i think everything is just getting to me with it all. typical girl lol.

I am british so i think i will just change my name on the passport or i will just get super worried about it.

thank you all for your comments, am feeling a bit better. just wish i could be with my hubby already.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:55 am
Just Joined

dannic is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in exactly the same position. I married my Canadian OH on 18th Dec in Ontario and we are now getting together everything we need to apply Outland.

I have my medical 8/2 and then everything should be ready to send off when I visit him just after.

It is stressful isn't it? We just want things to go as quickly as possible so that we can be together. It's hard being married but not being together.

Good luck.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 6:24 am
Beep

oh right how odd, its in the information pack bit on the cic spousal application. i wonder why you guys didnt have to do it?
Yep as the other poster said, it's due to my wife (sponsor) living and working outside of Canada for a few years. I remember now.

So we wrote a letter stating that we will not provide the information due to the above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.