Spousal Sponsorship Query

Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Tanty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Sponsorship Query

Hi

I am on my way back to the UK tomorrow in preperation for my wife sending off our Spousal Sponsorship application.. I need to do a few things in the UK and send them to my wife before hand though. I intend to stay in the UK throughout the entire process. The question is..

I have been out of status here in Canada for around 6 months now, and I am wondering how this will effect my application. I have been considering writing a letter with an explanation as to why this has happened (although I obviously know I cannot excuse myself) or just ignore it and not bring attention to it. Thing is Immigration might put 2 and 2 together when I write down the periods of time I have lived with my wife.

So do I bring attention to the fact? Or do I just fill in the forms regardless of the fact? Will it have a negative impact on my application?

We were originally going to apply within Canada which according to the site and a phone call I made would have no negative impact due to being out of status, but we decided it would be better all round if I was working as well to ensure I was not out of work for a long period of time (also 15-18 Months processing time in Canada doesnt sound very nice compared to the 6 month average in the UK).

Thanks for your assistance.

P.S. My Mum and Birth Father were divorced when I was like 7 years old.. do Immigration still need to know his details? (I dont know where he is at all) or do I put my current Step Father? I am now 30 years old so this happened a long time ago.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Spousal Sponsorship Query

Originally Posted by Tanty
Hi

I am on my way back to the UK tomorrow in preperation for my wife sending off our Spousal Sponsorship application.. I need to do a few things in the UK and send them to my wife before hand though. I intend to stay in the UK throughout the entire process. The question is..

I have been out of status here in Canada for around 6 months now, and I am wondering how this will effect my application. I have been considering writing a letter with an explanation as to why this has happened (although I obviously know I cannot excuse myself) or just ignore it and not bring attention to it. Thing is Immigration might put 2 and 2 together when I write down the periods of time I have lived with my wife.

So do I bring attention to the fact? Or do I just fill in the forms regardless of the fact? Will it have a negative impact on my application?

We were originally going to apply within Canada which according to the site and a phone call I made would have no negative impact due to being out of status, but we decided it would be better all round if I was working as well to ensure I was not out of work for a long period of time (also 15-18 Months processing time in Canada doesnt sound very nice compared to the 6 month average in the UK).

Thanks for your assistance.

P.S. My Mum and Birth Father were divorced when I was like 7 years old.. do Immigration still need to know his details? (I dont know where he is at all) or do I put my current Step Father? I am now 30 years old so this happened a long time ago.
Any experts able to comment? Or even someone with experience with this sort of situation.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:38 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Tanty
Any experts able to comment? Or even someone with experience with this sort of situation.
1. When you complete the forms it will show that you were in Canada for x months, so an explanation should be included. It is better to cut off CHC enquiries at the pass, instead of delaying the application, while they write to you and request an explanation.
2. Hope you are including your RCMP criminal records check with your application.
3. As to your parents you needed your parents names DOBs, and if you don't know where your father is state divorced, address unknown.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 9:51 pm
TFI
Forum Regular

TFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really nice

I also had an overstay and then received an exclusion order, I had to leave Canada for 1 year, however, my wife moved to the UK with me, and is now sponsoring me to return (as an outside sponsor), I was informed by CHC London as well as the very helpful experts on this board, that is does not act as a bar to getting your PR.

Just for the record, I included full details of the time I spent in Canada as well as listed that I had received a 1 year exclusion in 04 for the Overstay & obtained a Police Clearance from the RCMP.

They may not like the fact that you overstayed, however it is not a criminal offence and they don't seem to punish you for it when it comes to sponsorship.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TFI
I also had an overstay and then received an exclusion order, I had to leave Canada for 1 year, however, my wife moved to the UK with me, and is now sponsoring me to return (as an outside sponsor), I was informed by CHC London as well as the very helpful experts on this board, that is does not act as a bar to getting your PR.

Just for the record, I included full details of the time I spent in Canada as well as listed that I had received a 1 year exclusion in 04 for the Overstay & obtained a Police Clearance from the RCMP.

They may not like the fact that you overstayed, however it is not a criminal offence and they don't seem to punish you for it when it comes to sponsorship.
I did not get an exclusion order so not sure how this would affect me, can they do this after the fact as a punishment? Anyway.. I'm semi expecting punishment for being out of status.

RCMP Police Check.. didnt know I had to get one of those, is this because I was in Canada for over a year?

Thanks for the responses.

Hoping I am not seperated from my wife upto a year... would be incredibly hard for us to see each other due to kids (which I shall be adopting when I have my PR)