Spousal sponsorship inland

Old Mar 31st 2017, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

sam_drew0618 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal sponsorship inland

Hi everyone,
I am currently waiting for my court order to come through to remove my 3 children from uk as we r applying to be sponsored by my husband who is Canadian citizen.
I also have recently given birth to our daughter. We have already applied for her proof of Canadian citizenship through descent once that's been confirmed we will then be applying for her Canadian passport. We were planning on doing the application as Outland then going over as dual intent however on my latest visit to Canada we had a chat with the local mp, and she advised me of the new changes with inland and that it now has the same time span as do the Outland . And that we could apply inland and apply for open work permit therefor I'd be able to work where this wouldn't be possible on Outland and on dual intent . So my question would be could I book a return ticket say for 3 weeks? for myself and four children and just go through the border saying we are just here for a visit then once we r in apply straight away for inland application and owp, or do I be completely honest and tell them we have came to apply for inland app? Just reading the latest of the dual intent case that went to court has raffled us a bit and just makes me more anxious then I already am over all this 😩

Last edited by sam_drew0618; Mar 31st 2017 at 2:15 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 8:15 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal sponsorship inland

Originally Posted by sam_drew0618
Hi everyone,
I am currently waiting for my court order to come through to remove my 3 children from uk as we r applying to be sponsored by my husband who is Canadian citizen.
I also have recently given birth to our daughter. We have already applied for her proof of Canadian citizenship through descent once that's been confirmed we will then be applying for her Canadian passport. We were planning on doing the application as Outland then going over as dual intent however on my latest visit to Canada we had a chat with the local mp, and she advised me of the new changes with inland and that it now has the same time span as do the Outland . And that we could apply inland and apply for open work permit therefor I'd be able to work where this wouldn't be possible on Outland and on dual intent . So my question would be could I book a return ticket say for 3 weeks? for myself and four children and just go through the border saying we are just here for a visit then once we r in apply straight away for inland application and owp, or do I be completely honest and tell them we have came to apply for inland app? Just reading the latest of the dual intent case that went to court has raffled us a bit and just makes me more anxious then I already am over all this 😩
Yeah, that court case is changing a few things.

Basically, it's your risk to take. You probably wouldn't offer up your intent to apply for sponsorship when you get in there... but if you are flying over with all your worldly possessions, even with a return ticket, you may be asked to prove that you intend to return to the UK in however many weeks. It will be up to you to decide if you have enough ties back home to convince the officer that you do actually intend to return.

If you do get let in as a visitor with all your kids in tow then you're home free to apply inland.

But, again, the challenge will be getting let in.

And it will be far worse for you in the long run if you are turned away at the border.

If you don't think you'll hve enough evidence to convince the border agent of your intent to return, or if you simply don't want to risk it, then apply outland.

Inland applicants get an OWP after ~4 months. Outland apps via London are being processed in an average of 8 months if they go to London and 4 months if they go to Ottawa. So really it's only 1-4 months or so that you would be without the ability to work if you went outland.

The risk is entirely up to you.