Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal Sponsorship - how do you describe relationship?

Spousal Sponsorship - how do you describe relationship?

Old Mar 3rd 2020, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Will_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Sponsorship - how do you describe relationship?

Originally Posted by Siouxie

We ask that you don't ask or give Immigration advice via PM's please. Every persons' application is different and it's a better idea to have any questions and answers in plain view so that if you are given erroneous information (however well meant) it can be quickly corrected. Nobody wants to have their application turned down or rejected due to advice being wrong.. things change quickly when it comes to Immigration matters
See: Do not send PMs/emails asking private immigration questions
I'm not uploading my forms for the internet to see, was trying to give insight where I could, but take your point.

OP do what you think best. You can't go wrong with the wiki.
Old Mar 10th 2020, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

g0ldfinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal Sponsorship - how do you describe relationship?

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Do have a good read of the guides in the wiki - there are 3 sets of documentation that need to be filled out - Forms for the Sponsor and Forms for the Applicant... and Forms for Both.

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...ipal_Applicant

We ask that you don't ask or give Immigration advice via PM's please. Every persons' application is different and it's a better idea to have any questions and answers in plain view so that if you are given erroneous information (however well meant) it can be quickly corrected. Nobody wants to have their application turned down or rejected due to advice being wrong.. things change quickly when it comes to Immigration matters
See: Do not send PMs/emails asking private immigration questions
I took a pretty hard look at all of those. They are extremely helpful. However, just based on the answers here and the fact that new forms were released recently, and based on my reading of the two FAQs, it looks like the new form for the sponsor and applicant is a bit different, and has a bit of a different approach to the relationship details piece. I'll probably take the advice of softening up my language a little bit and making it more personal, and I'll probably add another detached page.