Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal Sponsorship Crossroad.. Advice plz

Spousal Sponsorship Crossroad.. Advice plz

Old Nov 20th 2006, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Avery will become famous soon enough
Default Spousal Sponsorship Crossroad.. Advice plz

Hi,

I got married to a Canadian exactly 4 weeks ago in a pretty expensive wedding, im here on my passport stamped until end march 07. She is going to Sponsor me under the Spousal Applicant and we were going to do it Inland. We have our package pretty much ready to go and we are proud of its huge content the problem is i've read its quicker to apply through the London Office, but im unsure. Does this mean i have to return to the UK at any point? Can anyone shed some light on this for us and the best course of action please? I've had my medicals done here in Canada already 6 weeks ago paid, and i've also got my Police Check letter from the UK with me here in Canada along with a joint bank account and a place to live.
Obviously we want the quickest way for me to be able to work because my funds I brought aren't going to last forever.
What would you do? And what timeline am I looking at?
Old Nov 20th 2006, 3:34 pm
TFI
Forum Regular

TFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really nice
Default Re: Spousal Sponsorship Crossroad.. Advice plz

Hey "Outside Sponsorship" normally takes 6 to 8 months, some have had it much faster, while others (like myself) have waited 6 months plus with no contact from CHC.

I guess if you case is well documented, you could go through London, and it will prob be faster. If you have any (and I mean anything) unusual, inland may be a better option as you can get AIP in 8 months and be able to work.

If London take the 6 months plus, then you may have to return to the UK (or get an extension of stay (which I believe costs about $75 and would let you stay another 6 months but you could still not work)
Old Nov 20th 2006, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Avery will become famous soon enough

Oh theres nothing unusal in the package, its choc-a-bloc of substantial supporting documentation, we have no dependants either its just we want to live our lives in Canada and i could do with being able to work asap.
Isnt the $75 waived for married couples now who have an application in progress? Andrew what would you reccommend if your reading?
Old Nov 20th 2006, 4:11 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Apply through sponsorship from abroad route and you will be a PR months before you would have received juat an approval in principle (first stage of process) in inland route.

You may always apply for extension of stay and under circumstances it will be granted. No fee waiver though.

If application package is well prepared, supporting evidence is conclusive enough to convince processing officer that it is a bona fide relationship and if there is nothing missing as well as if all possible, case and circumstances specific, questions and doubts officer may have are fully addressed and documented then you may not even need an interview and have processing in London concluded in about 2-3 months (after about 5 weeks in Mississauga first). If your package, regardless how thick, lacks anything and/or is inconclusive then you may face several more months and possible interview in London.

Originally Posted by Avery
Oh theres nothing unusal in the package, its choc-a-bloc of substantial supporting documentation, we have no dependants either its just we want to live our lives in Canada and i could do with being able to work asap.
Isnt the $75 waived for married couples now who have an application in progress? Andrew what would you reccommend if your reading?