Spousal Sponsorship Advice

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

canada_fox is on a distinguished road
Default Spousal Sponsorship Advice

Hi forum,

I'm hoping for a some advice as my fiance and I are getting quite stressed regarding the Spousal Sponsorship application. I'll try and explain our situation as brief as possible.

I'm British and quit my job in England last summer and came over to Vancouver for a year on a working holiday programme through BUNAC. My plan was to build my photography portfolio, go back home and start my career there. That all changed when I met the woman of my dreams on Halloween last year.

We decided that we want to get married and as she is at the start of her career here and I'm in the middle of careers we want to start our life together in Canada. We are getting married on May 31st (by bungee jump) and after the honeymoon we are going to sort out all the paperwork for sponsorship application.

We are getting quite worried that due to the fact that this is a whirlwind romance (we will have been together 7 months by when we wed) that the application will be rejected. The thought of this is causing a lot of distress. Has anyone any experience regarding this?

From what I've read we need to submit everything we can regarding our relationship. We're both on the lease of the property we rent, we are opening joint bank accounts and I can transfer text messages from my phone to computer as I have kept most of our texts for sentimental value.

Also, I believe that even though I'm currently living here (my current visa expires in Sept which I will have to extend into a tourist visa for the duration of the application) we can apply though the 'Outland Application' to the office in London as it will be quicker. Is this correct?

Many thanks for your help.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

youngun01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal Sponsorship Advice

hi there . if your getting married it will be easier and quicker and am not sure but i dont think you need to prove how long you have been together if married ect and you will get a visa extention pretty easy if you send it in at the same time with the spousal application.... correct me if am wrong
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:40 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canada_fox
From what I've read we need to submit everything we can regarding our relationship. We're both on the lease of the property we rent, we are opening joint bank accounts and I can transfer text messages from my phone to computer as I have kept most of our texts for sentimental value.

Also, I believe that even though I'm currently living here (my current visa expires in Sept which I will have to extend into a tourist visa for the duration of the application) we can apply though the 'Outland Application' to the office in London as it will be quicker. Is this correct?
Once you're married you don't have to be as in-depth as common law for sure. You'll need to provide a copy of your marriage certificate, copy of "your wifes" birth certificate, copy of passports, and copy of utility bill or something like that to prove you live together. The latter has to be recent so evidence of the length of your relationship isn't an issue you'll need to worry about.

It would be beneficial i think to include copies of photo's taken during your relationship or any travels etc done together, the wedding, honeymoon, etc as well as travel docs if you have them still.

Also, when filling out the forms there are sections where you have to write an account of how you met, when, where, how your relationship progressed, family and friends you both met and when, etc etc.

You can also apply "outland" while living in Canada BUT you'd need to attend any face to face follow ups in London.

I've probably missed lots out so hopefully people could fill in the gaps or correct anything.

Rich
Old Jul 24th 2009, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

bubblescope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by canada_fox
Hi forum,

I'm hoping for a some advice as my fiance and I are getting quite stressed regarding the Spousal Sponsorship application. I'll try and explain our situation as brief as possible.

I'm British and quit my job in England last summer and came over to Vancouver for a year on a working holiday programme through BUNAC. My plan was to build my photography portfolio, go back home and start my career there. That all changed when I met the woman of my dreams on Halloween last year.

We decided that we want to get married and as she is at the start of her career here and I'm in the middle of careers we want to start our life together in Canada. We are getting married on May 31st (by bungee jump) and after the honeymoon we are going to sort out all the paperwork for sponsorship application.

We are getting quite worried that due to the fact that this is a whirlwind romance (we will have been together 7 months by when we wed) that the application will be rejected. The thought of this is causing a lot of distress. Has anyone any experience regarding this?

Many thanks for your help.

Are you getting married and applying for Spousal PR BEFORE you BUNAC visa expires (is before Sept)? I didn't think that was allowed since you cannot be on BUNAC if you have a Canadian partner...please clarify
Old Jul 24th 2009, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

canada_fox is on a distinguished road

We're applying before my visa expires. We weren't together when I came out to Vancouver on the BUNAC visa. We met a few months after I arrived here.