Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

spousal sponsorship - abbotsford area?

spousal sponsorship - abbotsford area?

Old May 28th 2012, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

sammyabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spousal sponsorship - abbotsford area?

Hi just wondering if anyone in the abbotsford area is either currently going through spousal sponsorship right now or has done so in the past. would love to chat with someone about the application over coffee.

thanks,
Old May 29th 2012, 2:31 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spousal sponsorship - abbotsford area?

Originally Posted by sammyabby
Hi just wondering if anyone in the abbotsford area is either currently going through spousal sponsorship right now or has done so in the past. would love to chat with someone about the application over coffee.

thanks,
What would you like to know?

I was out that way on Saturday, enjoying the hundreds of Hells Angels out on their bikes scaring the shit out of other car drivers and joe public
Old May 29th 2012, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

hey,

i dont understand most parts of the forms. thats why i'm looking for someone local who can help me out.

do you know much about the co-signer? my fiance is canadian and i'm from the UK. she is sponsoring me....so am i the co-signer?

help!
Old May 29th 2012, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

VAAA878 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to as but whre is abbotsford area? near what other city/
im going thru sponsorship to windsor
Old May 29th 2012, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

oh hey, abbotsford BC! miles away
Old May 29th 2012, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

VAAA878 is an unknown quantity at this point

hahaha oh yes it is.
May i ask something - Few weeks ago our embassy asked for my husbands passport to be send so a visa may be affixed in it..Today they returned it with no visa or any other explanation why .....can someone be of help..
Old May 29th 2012, 7:31 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

hey,

i dont understand most parts of the forms. thats why i'm looking for someone local who can help me out.

do you know much about the co-signer? my fiance is canadian and i'm from the UK. she is sponsoring me....so am i the co-signer?

help!
You can ignore the co signer bit. Did you get the guide to completing the forms? It's quite simple if you follow that. It explains the info they need, or not.
Old May 29th 2012, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

hey,

yeah i have the guide, but on form IMM 5540. the sponsor (my fiance) has to fill this one out. but some of the questions ask if you are a naturalized canadian or permanet resident and if so when did you become a resident etc...

she's canadian and was born in canada so what answer do we put? her birth date?
Old May 29th 2012, 9:22 pm
Beep

hey,

yeah i have the guide, but on form IMM 5540. the sponsor (my fiance) has to fill this one out. but some of the questions ask if you are a naturalized canadian or permanet resident and if so when did you become a resident etc...

She should be naturalized if she's a citizen. If you need a date then out her birthday
Old May 29th 2012, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

lordchewington is an unknown quantity at this point

hey,

Hi, I am going through the same process with my fiancée sponsoring me. She ticked no to being a naturalized Canadian or perm resident as she is a Canadian citizen. Only tick yes if your fiancée was not born Canadian.
We are still waiting on sponsor approval though it was received on 12th March so hopefully won't be too much longer.
I am 20 mins from you in Chilliwack so if you need to pick my brains (won't take long 😄) let me know
Regards, Ste
Old May 29th 2012, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

If you are born here and entitled to citizenship then you have it from/by birth:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...itizenship.asp

Such a person is not a naturalized citizen.

The form sounds a tad confuzing since I filled mine in 26 years ago....

Good luck...AS
Old May 29th 2012, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Duckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really nice

Originally Posted by VAAA878
hahaha oh yes it is.
May i ask something - Few weeks ago our embassy asked for my husbands passport to be send so a visa may be affixed in it..Today they returned it with no visa or any other explanation why .....can someone be of help..
If you're a citizen of the UK (or any other country that does not require temporary residence visas (TRV)), they no longer place visa counterfoils in your passport, as per this Operational Bulletin from December last year.
Old May 31st 2012, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
If you are born here and entitled to citizenship then you have it from/by birth:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...itizenship.asp

Such a person is not a naturalized citizen.

The form sounds a tad confuzing since I filled mine in 26 years ago....

Good luck...AS
airbornesapper is right..is she was born in Canada she is a citizen by birth. You are only a Naturalized Canadian citizen if you immigrated to canada then applied for citizenship.

You are not a co-signer. So your answer to that question would be no.