Spousal sponsorship

Old Jan 17th 2014, 1:00 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal sponsorship

Originally Posted by apcc
Hi, I am willf's partner apcc. I have started going through the forms needed to sponsor him.
On the document checklist #17 it asks for an original "Option C " print out of the last notice of assessment which in my case was 2007. I am full time employed in UK and also have 2013 P60. any idea which one I would include? I have page 1, 2 and 3 of Notice of Assessment but not sure which one is option C as it suggests it can be obtained by calling Rev Can.....that's all very well if you are in Canada which I am not.
Wondered if you could help on this too.
Thanks.
No worries! The guide says to either provide Option C, or provide an explanation as to why you are not providing it. I just wrote a letter that stated that my last tax return in Canada was filed in 2008, and I have been employed in the UK since then. I included photocopies of my P60s as proof of that.

Hope that helps!
Old Jan 17th 2014, 3:14 am
Just Joined

apcc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
No worries! The guide says to either provide Option C, or provide an explanation as to why you are not providing it. I just wrote a letter that stated that my last tax return in Canada was filed in 2008, and I have been employed in the UK since then. I included photocopies of my P60s as proof of that.

Hope that helps!
Hi SchnookoLoly,
That helps for sure..........the guides are not 100% implicit and although of reasonable intelligence am finding I am being reduced to a second guessing, novel writing, photocopying detective

Thanks for help
apcc
Old Jan 17th 2014, 8:08 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SchnookoLoly,
That helps for sure..........the guides are not 100% implicit and although of reasonable intelligence am finding I am being reduced to a second guessing, novel writing, photocopying detective

Thanks for help
apcc
Hahaha no worries at all!! I remember being in the same boat when my husband and I were applying... you're so paranoid about getting it completely right and not causing any delays!! It's nice to have the forum to run interpretations and questions by, though - it's a great resource so take advantage!!

Good luck!
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

willf is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning wise one's:thumb up:

So our wedding is Friday, forms are ready to send off early next week, medical done all is looking rosy.

My question is, I have been offered a job with an LMO, to start mid may, can I go over and start the job while the PR app is in progress? only problem is wife won't be able to come over for 4-5 months as she has to sort out things this end

Will this be a problem?????
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willf
Good morning wise one's:thumb up:

So our wedding is Friday, forms are ready to send off early next week, medical done all is looking rosy.

My question is, I have been offered a job with an LMO, to start mid may, can I go over and start the job while the PR app is in progress? only problem is wife won't be able to come over for 4-5 months as she has to sort out things this end

Will this be a problem?????
Yes, that's no problem.

So you already have the LMO?

HTH.

P.S. Congrats in advance for Friday!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 31st 2014 at 9:14 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, that's no problem.

So you already have the LMO?

HTH.

P.S. Congrats in advance for Friday!
Thank you

Received an email from the company last night, saying they have an LMO with my name on and when will I be ready to come over, we had originally planned to go over together later in the year, but a job offer is too good to turn down So looks like I'll go over first and wife to follow

Do I have to tell the immigration person I have PR app in progress when I get my TWP at the airport?
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Do I have to tell the immigration person I have PR app in progress when I get my TWP at the airport?
You don't have to, but if asked then yes, you would - it's no problem to have both running concurrently.

Hopefully your wife can wrap things up quicker than expected and follow you soon.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You don't have to, but if asked then yes, you would - it's no problem to have both running concurrently.

Hopefully your wife can wrap things up quicker than expected and follow you soon.

Thank you
Old Apr 6th 2014, 2:16 am
Just Joined

apcc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Now we are married , we are getting our forms ready.

In the country specific instructions for Uk it asks for form IMM5562 supplementary information Your Travels, to be filled in by principal applicant. It is NOT listed on sponsor's document checklist.

Can anyone help us and tell us if we need to fill this one in as well.

Please and thanks
Anna
Old Apr 6th 2014, 2:48 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Now we are married , we are getting our forms ready.

In the country specific instructions for Uk it asks for form IMM5562 supplementary information Your Travels, to be filled in by principal applicant. It is NOT listed on sponsor's document checklist.

Can anyone help us and tell us if we need to fill this one in as well.

Please and thanks
Anna
Congratulations!

I don't believe you need to fill that form in unless you are submitting to Paris - it would be the applicant, not the sponsor who would submit it anyway so it wouldn't be on the sponsor's document checklist.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf
Persons submitting their application to the Canadian visa office in Paris must complete the attached IMM 5562 form, Supplementary Information – Your travels
Also, please don't forget that any address or personal history needs to be to the age of 18, if submitting to London, and not the last 10 years only.

Old Apr 6th 2014, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Siouxie,

Missed that bit, getting a bit stressed at the mo We think everything is sorted now, we'll go through the forms again tomorrow just in case we miss anything hopefully send them off Tuesday.

Thanks again for all your help.

Will.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 4:11 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Siouxie,

Missed that bit, getting a bit stressed at the mo We think everything is sorted now, we'll go through the forms again tomorrow just in case we miss anything hopefully send them off Tuesday.

Thanks again for all your help.

Will.
You are very welcome.

I suggest you read your forms from the back forwards - it surprising what you can miss when you have read them a dozen times the normal way.

Also make sure you have made note that you will forward a copy of the official registration of marriage certificate (government issued) when you receive it and don't forget copies of photos from your wedding and a guest list.

Old Apr 6th 2014, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Yes, we've ordered copies of the marriage certificate from the registrar, they should be here tomorrow:fingers crossed: We've done copies of pics from our wedding and landmark times from our relationship i.e. holidays, engagement, outings etc, hopefully they will be satisfied with it.