Spousal sponsorship

Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:39 pm
Ambiroadious

WorldWeary will become famous soon enough
Default Spousal sponsorship

I sent of the application to sponsor my (UK) wife on September 8. I paid by Visa and have a receipt number. Yet I still cannot get any info on e-CAS. It still gives me the blurb about there are 3 possible reasons why info is not available.

Is this normal when they show they are processing applications as of September 26 now? Should I not be getting at least an 'in process' message?
Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:51 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal sponsorship

Originally Posted by WorldWeary
I sent of the application to sponsor my (UK) wife on September 8. I paid by Visa and have a receipt number. Yet I still cannot get any info on e-CAS. It still gives me the blurb about there are 3 possible reasons why info is not available.

Is this normal when they show they are processing applications as of September 26 now? Should I not be getting at least an 'in process' message?
technically you should get the "in process", but sometimes, it doesnt show! Dont panic yet; if it doesnt show in another week, call CIC.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:52 pm
Ambiroadious

Originally Posted by amancharan
technically you should get the "in process", but sometimes, it doesnt show! Dont panic yet; if it doesnt show in another week, call CIC.
I am not aware of any phone number you can use to call CIC from the UK. Do you know of one?
Old Oct 31st 2005, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

shawn is an unknown quantity at this point

whose information are you entering? if I enter my wifes info Ecas doesent work I need to enter mine(the sponsor) and mine works fine (I sent my application on sept 26 and ecas started working OCT 24th)

Have you gotten an AOR letter, mine came in the mail yesterday dated oct 24th.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 12:01 am
Ambiroadious

Originally Posted by shawn
whose information are you entering? if I enter my wifes info Ecas doesent work I need to enter mine(the sponsor) and mine works fine (I sent my application on sept 26 and ecas started working OCT 24th)

Have you gotten an AOR letter, mine came in the mail yesterday dated oct 24th.
I am entering the receipt number Rxxxxxxxxxxx
My family name.
My birthdate in this format: xxxx-xx-xx
My country of birth

I am the sponsor and realized it was my info that should be entered.

Still nothing on e-CAS and no AOR letter so far.

I can't imagine any reason why there would be a problem with my Sponsorship. I am a naturalized Canadian citizen rather than having been born in Canada and I have been out of the country for quite a few years (15) but I don't know if that would slow things down.

Does anyone know a phone number that I can call in Canada to inquire about the status?
Old Nov 1st 2005, 12:17 am
Just Joined

shawn is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a 1 800 number in your portion of the application kit, I can't find mine at the moment.

How did you send your application? Do you know what day it arrived at CIC?

If you sent it standard post I wouldn't start worrying yet. I don't think they update ECAS daily. I would assume they update it the same time they update the processing times page, which has said the 26th for a week now.

Last edited by shawn; Nov 1st 2005 at 12:24 am.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 12:58 am
Ambiroadious

Originally Posted by shawn
There is a 1 800 number in your portion of the application kit, I can't find mine at the moment.

How did you send your application? Do you know what day it arrived at CIC?

If you sent it standard post I wouldn't start worrying yet. I don't think they update ECAS daily. I would assume they update it the same time they update the processing times page, which has said the 26th for a week now.
Shawn I sent my application from the UK. I am resident in Scotland at present. You cannot call a Canadian 1-800 number from here, only from within Canada.

I sent the application registered mail. I don't know on what day they received it but I do know they received it. Almost certainly within a week which would make it September 15 or so.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:20 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

I am not aware of any phone number you can use to call CIC from the UK. Do you know of one?
There isn't one
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:22 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

I am entering the receipt number Rxxxxxxxxxxx
My family name.
My birthdate in this format: xxxx-xx-xx
My country of birth

I am the sponsor and realized it was my info that should be entered.

Still nothing on e-CAS and no AOR letter so far.

I can't imagine any reason why there would be a problem with my Sponsorship. I am a naturalized Canadian citizen rather than having been born in Canada and I have been out of the country for quite a few years (15) but I don't know if that would slow things down.

Does anyone know a phone number that I can call in Canada to inquire about the status?
Try your wifes details, she being the sponsored person.
I was the sponsored person and it worked with my details, it wouldn't work with sheila's details as she was the sponsor.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:20 am
Ambiroadious

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Try your wifes details, she being the sponsored person.
I was the sponsored person and it worked with my details, it wouldn't work with sheila's details as she was the sponsor.
Nope have tried all possible combinations. The receipt number starts out R00 and i've even tried entering the 00 as capital letter o's even though I'm sure they are zeros. Nothing works.

Perhaps the Minister for Immigration is processing my application personally and this has caused a delay while they argued over who was going to have to deal with me. When they saw my name on it maybe no one else wanted to be responsible for my return. Maybe they are hoping I will just forget the whole idea. They should know better. Worst case, my wife will just have to enter as a tourist and live in the basement secretly for the rest of her life.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

You said you didn't have a Canadian citizenship certificate - how did you prove your citizen status ergo entitlement to make application to sponsor from overseas without this?

Wouldn't be surprised if no eCas exists because your app is winging its merry way back to deepest, darkest Lanarkshire...
Old Nov 1st 2005, 5:08 am
Ambiroadious

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
You said you didn't have a Canadian citizenship certificate - how did you prove your citizen status ergo entitlement to make application to sponsor from overseas without this?

Wouldn't be surprised if no eCas exists because your app is winging its merry way back to deepest, darkest Lanarkshire...
Nay fear oh that Biiiiink. I don't have a Citizenship CARD. Lost it. I have my Certificate with a nice little number in the corner. They cannae keep me oot so dinnae fear lass.

Now that the clocks have been rolled back it is indeed darkest Lanarkshire. But hey at least it is better than Winnipeg. I mean the saying is that Winnipeg may not be the edge of the world but you can see it from there!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough

Nope have tried all possible combinations. The receipt number starts out R00 and i've even tried entering the 00 as capital letter o's even though I'm sure they are zeros. Nothing works.

Perhaps the Minister for Immigration is processing my application personally and this has caused a delay while they argued over who was going to have to deal with me. When they saw my name on it maybe no one else wanted to be responsible for my return. Maybe they are hoping I will just forget the whole idea. They should know better. Worst case, my wife will just have to enter as a tourist and live in the basement secretly for the rest of her life.
try not to worry to much i have a friend that this very same thing has happened to, and her application started being processed a week or so before yours and her application has now gone to London. so i think it's just another one of those clear as mud CIC things while i did get a letter and a client number and mine has been returned due to a dumb ass mistake on my part so dont worry you should hear somfink sooooon
Old Nov 1st 2005, 6:12 am
Ambiroadious

Originally Posted by nickybum
try not to worry to much i have a friend that this very same thing has happened to, and her application started being processed a week or so before yours and her application has now gone to London. so i think it's just another one of those clear as mud CIC things while i did get a letter and a client number and mine has been returned due to a dumb ass mistake on my part so dont worry you should hear somfink sooooon
Cheers for that and your PM as well. I am informed by Andrew Miller that 50% of applications cannot be accessed by e-CAS !!!! Apparently it is an extremely inefficient system.

I'm not terribly worried really. After all I'm a citizen, they can't deny me entry. It's my wife that's nervous. She's scared I might leave her behind in 'deepest darkest Lanarkshire'.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Nay fear oh that Biiiiink. I don't have a Citizenship CARD. Lost it. I have my Certificate with a nice little number in the corner. They cannae keep me oot so dinnae fear lass.

Now that the clocks have been rolled back it is indeed darkest Lanarkshire. But hey at least it is better than Winnipeg. I mean the saying is that Winnipeg may not be the edge of the world but you can see it from there!
And in English? I appreciate that may be how things are spelled in Lanarkshire but it certainly isn't the way I was taught. I'm from Edinburgh. And learned to spell in schools you could never afford. Can't you tell?

I don't give a toss about your opinion of Winnipeg, it is not the result of endless research on where to settle in Canada, I'm here for 2yrs for my other half to convert his UK dental degree.

So, bad luck. You've tried to offend by speculating on my underwear and the city I live in, I wish you more success in your next attempt.

"Get it up ye" as I believe they say in deepest, darkest Lanarkshire

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.